Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted offer but poor grades  (Read 970 times)

mikedigi

• View Profile
    • Email
Accepted offer but poor grades
« on: January 13, 2008, 06:58:02 PM »
What do you guys think about my situation?  I accepted an offer to work this summer at the Attorney General's Office in a large city.  However, my grades came in and I got a freakin D+.  This was an outlier to the rest of my grades B, B, and B+.  Since i'm a transfer student and my 1L grades are not calculated in my GPA, this brings me to about B- average.  I know I can bring my GPA up b/c i've gotten a few A's so far in law school.  But I'm curious as to how much one bad grade will affect my future job prospects?  Further, if I should try and contest the D+ b/c I really felt good about that test.  Thoughts anyone? 

My backround:  1L = top 25%, now a 2L at another school, 3 semesters left to bring my B- up to hopefully a B+ average. 

GA-fan

Re: Accepted offer but poor grades
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 07:08:14 PM »
Go ask to see your exam, but don't contest it. It won't do any good anyway unless there was a mathematical error on the grading or something.
As far as the grades, it could hurt you, but I'd suggest that you kick ass this semester, get your grades up, and work hard to impress them this summer. If they like your work, they shouldn't no offer you based on grades.

drbuff123

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 08:13:06 PM »
My teacher told me last week about an error with a student's grade, the student had earned at A-, but the records office messed up and gave him a very low grade.  Point is, it is worth at least asking about.

mikedigi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 08:33:40 PM »
It reallly wouldn't surprise me, especially after some of the bs i've witnessed at this school.

mikedigi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 06:42:29 PM »
BTW....Thanks for the comments guys