Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Would it be tough for me to get into a big 4?  (Read 687 times)

chaseguy17

• View Profile
Would it be tough for me to get into a big 4?
« on: January 10, 2008, 05:40:06 PM »
I just got my grades back.  I'm part time at DePaul College of Law.  I will be fulltime next year.  My GPA ended up being a 3.3 which according to prior years, puts me into top 25 to top 30 percent of the class.  Not the greatest, but still solid.  I'm smart enough to know that the 70 percent who scored worse than me still have a good shot at making a good living, despite what many may say in these forums.  I'm also taking my 4th and final part of the CPA exam in a few days.  I expect to pass this.  Regardless, I expect to have the CPA by the summer. 

I'm wondering how I would go about this.  I'm thinking of going a  corporate / tax route.  I know BIG LAW is out of the question, but I also know with good people skills, motivation and such, I can still make a pretty good living at a big four firm.  I'm just not entirely sure how competitive they are.  While I was part time this year, I was able to take care of the CPA exam.  I'm not going to rely on the CPA to get me anywhere, but it will be a nice supplement.  How would I let employers know that I will have the CPA very soon?  I'm in a lot better posistion than other people who still need to take all four parts.  In fact, the part I take in a few days is probably the easiest section. 

Does anyone know if I have a good chance of getting a summer job at either Deloitte, KPMG, Price Water House, or Ernst and Young?  Thanks for any advice.