Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Post Your Grades as you get them!  (Read 17525 times)

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Post Your Grades as you get them!
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2008, 02:11:44 PM »
hmmm.... *&^%... well, i know, at least in undergrad, there is always a probation period before they revoke scholarships and the second semester grades are typically way different then first, so hopefully both of those factors will work to your advantage :(

STLGirlAtHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2008, 02:19:55 PM »
hmmm.... *&^%... well, i know, at least in undergrad, there is always a probation period before they revoke scholarships and the second semester grades are typically way different then first, so hopefully both of those factors will work to your advantage :(

Yeah, it isn't as dramatic a situation as I'm making it seem. If, after the first year I fall below a 3.0, the scholarship is reduced by half. If it comes back up above a 3.0 after the second year, then the full scholarship is restored. So I'm still okay. That grade was really just a shock to the system. Especially after the high of getting an A- as my first law school grade. Oh well. I can only work harder and smarter next semester.

KianaFran

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2008, 11:04:47 PM »
I really hate that some feel as though just because most have posted good grades that they are fake. I worked really hard for my grades. My first year grades sucked:
1st Semester: B+, B-,C+,C,P
Snd Semester: B-,C,B-,C,P

Therefore I am very proud for my 2 A-'s and a B. Whether my grades were good or bad I would have posted them because I would be able to vent/share among peers anonymously without being judged.

Thanks for killing that thought!  :(

Jhuen_the_bird

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2008, 11:15:33 PM »
I really hate that some feel as though just because most have posted good grades that they are fake. I worked really hard for my grades. My first year grades sucked:
1st Semester: B+, B-,C+,C,P
Snd Semester: B-,C,B-,C,P

Therefore I am very proud for my 2 A-'s and a B. Whether my grades were good or bad I would have posted them because I would be able to vent/share among peers anonymously without being judged.

Thanks for killing that thought!  :(

Seriously ... save the drama for the llama, ppl!!

A's of any kind are something to be proud of in law school!

Plus, it would take a huge kind of loser to lie about their grades on LSD ... I mean, come on.  It's anonymous!

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2008, 11:32:41 PM »
High school ceramics: A
Physical education: A

Law school= different story (although first semester was pretty close to my high school transcript)

whit1981

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2008, 08:17:39 PM »
I mean I love LSD, both the online board and the gelcaps, but seriously people why the FU#K are you posting your grades. "Because I am proud! That's why you negative S-bag". Well I am sorry but it is still royally gay and call me negative if you must and tell me inremsleep how "I've got it all figured out" but realize that I do have one thing figured out; as 3L I have seen every kind of disorder possible I think at law school. I have seen the mighty fall, I have seen the weak jump for joy upon receiving their first good grade, I have seen professors who apparently are smart act like children and preach about "real world" lawyering while their behavior is borderline absurd. I have seen law students snort ritalin and abuse adderall, I have seen law school relationships that are as conducive to good health as rubber is to electric, I have met some really good people and I have had a little, and I repeat a little, fun in law school. But one thing I insist upon time and time again is that publicly declaring your great grades should be reserved for your parents and close friends and prospective employers. One of my favorite axioms is, "speak softly and carry a big stick."

If you have As galore great! Get a biglaw job, get a trophy wife, talk about yourself, attend sporting events in box seats while criticizing the sad state of the nation while wearing European high end fashion but just shut the F#CK up about your grades-is it too much to ask from you?

I love you all so much it hurts.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2008, 09:00:28 PM »
If people want to post their grades, why is that such a big deal to you?

Your post makes you sound bitter.

Jhuen_the_bird

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2008, 09:43:39 PM »
I mean I love LSD, both the online board and the gelcaps, but seriously people why the FU#K are you posting your grades. "Because I am proud! That's why you negative S-bag". Well I am sorry but it is still royally gay and call me negative if you must and tell me inremsleep how "I've got it all figured out" but realize that I do have one thing figured out; as 3L I have seen every kind of disorder possible I think at law school. I have seen the mighty fall, I have seen the weak jump for joy upon receiving their first good grade, I have seen professors who apparently are smart act like children and preach about "real world" lawyering while their behavior is borderline absurd. I have seen law students snort ritalin and abuse adderall, I have seen law school relationships that are as conducive to good health as rubber is to electric, I have met some really good people and I have had a little, and I repeat a little, fun in law school. But one thing I insist upon time and time again is that publicly declaring your great grades should be reserved for your parents and close friends and prospective employers. One of my favorite axioms is, "speak softly and carry a big stick."

If you have As galore great! Get a biglaw job, get a trophy wife, talk about yourself, attend sporting events in box seats while criticizing the sad state of the nation while wearing European high end fashion but just shut the F#CK up about your grades-is it too much to ask from you?

Well ... that's kind of the point of this thread - to either brag or vent or whatever ... since in "real life" you aren't supposed to (or don't want to) go blabbing your grades to everyone (especially classmates) ... this is an anonymous forum where you can talk about grades to those who understand (b/c honestly, family is like ... "what?" to the concept of a curve and what law school grades ACTUALLY mean).

tdice7

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2008, 09:46:36 PM »

I'm sorry you feel this way, but you come across a hypocrite and a bitter jerk in this post.  You chide people for "talking about themselves" but in the previous paragraph proceed to tell us how you have this law school thing down pat. Your comments are just oozing of ego and bitterness that some people may be doing better than you. For the record, I did well my first semester but I realize how quickly things can change. A lot of people who are just as smart as me and worked every bit as hard didn't do as well, but I expect them to close the gap on me real soon.  That being said, I'm damn proud of my effort and think i have every right to be.  That's not being arrogant, that's realizing how tough the first semester of law school is and being happy that my hard work paid off. Maybe if you studied more and spent less time crying about people posting their grades on a messageboard and spewing anti-gay slurs, maybe people's success wouldn't bother you so much.
Touchdown (Accepted): Miami, Tulane, U. of Cincinatti, Indiana, Ohio State, Wake Forest, Emory, Arizona, Wisconsin, Washington U.in SL, Illinois,
Stopped For No Gain (WL): Vanderbilt, Michigan, Virginia, USC,
Sacked (Rejected): Boston College, Texas,
First and ten (waiting):

justaguy88

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2008, 09:47:07 PM »

You're post does make you sound  bitter.  You should also consider that the entire purpose of this thread is to give people a forum to talk about their grades so they don't have to blab about it to the people they actually know.  If you don't want to hear about others' academic successes and failures, don't click on the link that says "Post your grades as you get them."  Pretty easy to avoid your frustration.