Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Non-Bar Law Degree  (Read 27741 times)

jonlevy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Non-Bar Law Degree
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2012, 05:09:54 PM »
Yes, that state is called California, all the DL schools are not state approved, they are registered with the state. 

nonabastudent

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2012, 05:44:33 PM »
you cant in california unless u attend a non aba school from california.

my school was approved by the state of education..does that help?

jonlevy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2012, 07:59:53 PM »
Might help if you provided one teeny weeny piece of information like the name of the school?

Cher1300

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2012, 12:57:34 PM »
My two cents whether anyone cares or not would be this:  Do your homework!!  If you have to go to a non-aba school, at least make sure it's state approved so you can take the bar.  I've seen a couple of posts where someone went to a non-aba in a state where they are not allowed to take the bar exam?  That is a MAJOR scam.  I'm in California that has many state bar approved schools, some online, some not, but you are allowed to take the bar.  The pass rate is low for the online schools, but at least you have the opportunity.   Honestly, I'm surprised there are non-aba schools in states that don't allow you to sit for the bar.  Isn't that the point?  If you couldn't get into an ABA school, why spend time and money on a school that isn't at least state approved? 

jonlevy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2012, 06:09:37 PM »
Anyone who can't figure out their school's status is not going to pass the bar either way. Non ABA is trolling.