Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: curving question?  (Read 1564 times)

nico

• View Profile
curving question?
« on: December 19, 2007, 12:54:16 AM »
So let's say you have a test that is 1/2 mutiple choice and 1/2 essay, and the grade is also split half/half. Do you think a prof would probably curve both halves and then combine? Or just scores them and then curves? I think I did really well on the MC but failed the essay. So I am hoping A on multiple choice, C (it's as low as we go) on essay, gives me a B. I am worried though that I'll get like minus 2 on MC and the worst person in class will get -10, but then I'll get such a low score on the essay that it won't help at all.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: curving question?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 01:14:56 AM »
I dont think it will make a difference either way because of the way professors structure the exams to create a nice curve, but either way, my professors, and probably most, assign total amounts of points to each section then add the points together and create the curve.

Either way though, you are worried too much about something that is completely out of your hands at this point....  good luck though.

nico

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 01:46:49 AM »
you are right. i am studying for civ pro and trying to forget about it...funny how what i messed up was MPC's duress definition...i am defintiely under duress now.  sad.  but i am getting focused on civ po and am very excited to taste how the first beer after the first finals season tastes!

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 10:14:22 AM »
you are right. i am studying for civ pro and trying to forget about it...funny how what i messed up was MPC's duress definition...i am defintiely under duress now.  sad.  but i am getting focused on civ po and am very excited to taste how the first beer after the first finals season tastes!

it taste good going down, but from personal experience, it taste absolutely horrible coming back up the next day :)  good luck on civ pro though.  and, dont over-analyze how you did on the crim exam.  Crim sucks and every upperclassmen will tell you they came out of at least one exam not entirely sure how they did or thinking they missed something and yet still did really well on the exam.  Its hard to judge performance when there is a curve. 

craven

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 03:11:28 PM »
I guess you'll find out in January.

nico

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 03:04:32 PM »
well i don't know how the first beer tastes...but the margarita was lovely! done. and done. who cares. i can't believe i was obsessing so mcuh this week. law school is truning me into a crazy person.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 03:08:57 PM »
well i don't know how the first beer tastes...but the margarita was lovely! done. and done. who cares. i can't believe i was obsessing so mcuh this week. law school is truning me into a crazy person.

lol, it has a tendancy to do that, glad you are over it though... now enjoy the break and dont think about law school anymore :)