Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Bad grade  (Read 8152 times)

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Bad grade
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2007, 04:08:36 PM »
well, it was a seminar, and he said that the middle of the class was right where I fell and that a point more for participation would have set me apart from the pack... two would have significantly set me apart.  Its so bogus.

gershonw

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2007, 03:23:39 AM »
sounds fishy to me.  i dont go to school with you and 2L man but i wouldnt let a law school prof who gets paid zillios get away with violation of school policy (if indeed you can show that).

Jhuen_the_bird

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2007, 11:08:00 AM »
Jeeeesh, when was everyone's last exam that they are getting all their grades back so quickly??

Our last one was the 20th :P

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2007, 02:41:11 PM »
Jeeeesh, when was everyone's last exam that they are getting all their grades back so quickly??

Our last one was the 20th :P

i got most of mine back, and so did my buddies and we finished around the 15th, one Ls, if you are one, typically have to wait much longer (at least at my school).  Law school is terrible.  Such a crap shoot with respect to grades.

TheNewGuy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2007, 02:54:30 PM »
I have 2 of 4 back.

I lied btw -- I actually got my C+ on a B curve.  Still, I'm an idiot... especially for looking right before Christmas. 

gershonw

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2007, 03:11:01 PM »
I have 2 of 4 back.

I lied btw -- I actually got my C+ on a B curve.  Still, I'm an idiot... especially for looking right before Christmas. 

i got a bad grade on a major legal rhetoric paper and looked at the grade a few hours before my torts final...yeah bad idea.

yes..my legal rhetoric grade came back terrible..worst in the section (also partially due to a quiz in that class worth 15% of my grade in which i didnt see the last two pages of the quiz for some  reason and thus left them blank..got 100% on other part of th quiz..which was designed to RAISE our grades...sheesh)

no grades back for doctrinal classes which are worth 4 credits each to the 2 of legal rhetoric..so i want too upset...yet

TheNewGuy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2007, 02:05:29 PM »
Wow.

2 pages blank? Does "doctrinal" = LLM?

I'm trying a worst-case scenario analysis on what I have left to come through...

I'm still thinking that if the curve was this "tough" for my C+ class, where I didn't adequately finish about 20% of the exam although I thought I knew it inside and out...

...then, for the other bad one I'm waiting on (the one I felt really bad about), where I didn't adequately finish one essay worth 25% --- I probably did even worse than a C+.

["didn't adequately finish" = made a haphazard "outline" and probably recieved little or no credit.]

That being said it was likely just a matter of lack of discipline and bad nerves (worrying about my stupid exam number during the test, forgetting all about the strategy that I had gone over several times before, worrying about other people when all I needed to do was take the exam for myself, etc.) creating a disastrous result. Not like it counts for anything, but I worked very diligently all semester, and at least had some classmates sold on thinking I understood the materially rather thoroughly and asking me a lot of questions (cringes at the thought of being the "humbled gunner" next semester).

Okay, I believe I will perform better than last semsester - I think there's even a good amount of factual info that supports the liklihood of that aspiration. But I don't know if I can go on with 2 very low grades already on the record.  I would much rather start all over again if I had the chance...

OMG I've lost it now...

Jhuen_the_bird

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2007, 03:16:54 PM »

Not like it counts for anything, but I worked very diligently all semester, and at least had some classmates sold on thinking I understood the materially rather thoroughly and asking me a lot of questions

Exactly ... it just seems completely unfair, stupid, and ridiculous for 4 months work of diligent work being throw down the toilet in a 3 hour exam setting ... where you are stressed, possibly sick, not used to the format, surprised by questions, etc. etc.  It would be nice if we had more feedback/grades throughout the semester.  Law school blows in that respect.

TPS Report

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2007, 05:36:38 PM »
try having your boyfriend break up with you the night before your contracts exam. I am not looking forward to that one.

gershonw

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2007, 05:47:40 PM »
2 pages blank? Does "doctrinal" = LLM?

no my man..just means about substantial legal stuff instead of something like legal rhetoric-(which had the test worth 15% of the grade where i didnt see the last two pages)