Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: done with first exam, feel severely crappy  (Read 9813 times)

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: done with first exam, feel severely crappy
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2008, 01:34:23 PM »
hahaha, congrats dr.

1Lchica

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2008, 07:54:47 PM »
I'm still waiting on my effing grades.... I'm so terrified, and I don't know how I should prepare myself. Did you guys cover each grade before you looked? lol ahhh!!!

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2008, 10:50:45 PM »
I'm still waiting on my effing grades.... I'm so terrified, and I don't know how I should prepare myself. Did you guys cover each grade before you looked? lol ahhh!!!

I scan really fast to the bottom while trying not to look, then check the in progress courses to see what hasnt been posted, then nervously move it up to the grades slowly with my heart pumping...

you got all A's 1L chica, so no stressing

middlelanguage

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2008, 11:28:17 PM »

I have a question for 3L's - have you ever walked out of all your exams feeling OK about them but anxious about waiting for grades? Since I haven't had a panic attack over any of my exams  yet I'm starting to worry that I really bombed all of them.  Did everything turn out ok for you 3L's? :(

Yes. Well, I'd rather put it this way: I walked out of an exam this semester praying for a B--I didn't finish. To make matters worse, I reached the last few essay questions with almost no time. To my amazement, I pulled an A. The class was on a brutal curve.

As for feeling OK, I have one outstanding grade that I am waiting for and felt OK about it but still a little nervous. It's natural to feel anxious about your grades--even if you *know* you did well, you run down that "Worst Case Scenario" in your head a thousand times. Best thing to do for a 3L is drink beer. So, hop to it (no pun intended).

1Lchica

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2008, 11:37:15 PM »

I scan really fast to the bottom while trying not to look, then check the in progress courses to see what hasnt been posted, then nervously move it up to the grades slowly with my heart pumping...

you got all A's 1L chica, so no stressing

All A's?!?! NOT! Dude, I'm prepping myself for the worst grades of my life, haha

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2008, 11:56:43 PM »
hahaha, we will see... i just remember you were mad stressed come finals time and asking all these questions, but you got crazy answers and i feel like you were prepared.   either way, you will be a lawyer in 2.5 years :)

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2008, 12:34:31 AM »
my school gives that mold too.  They make ya feel like you have to be on law review and get a big law job or slave away at a public interest job making the world a better place.  Then, you get really disappointed when not everything goes the way that it needs to to achieve that. 

I think its great that you have in mind what you want to do.  I cannot wait to be a lawyer and figure out what I want and all. 

Right now, Im watching that Rob and Big show, and I am thinking I either want to race turtles or buy a mini-horse.  I think my parents would hate me if I walked away from law school to raise horses though... decisions, decisions...

yours are posted next friday?  they post the 1Ls here tomorrow which means I should probably be getting the rest of my grades... i need an A on this last class :( this is almost as stressful as exams...

no name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2008, 08:48:36 PM »
After I walked out of my first exam, I felt sick to my stomach.  It was worse than I ever anticipated and unlike anything I came to expect from the professor.  I thought for sure I was getting a C related grade.  I couldn't believe it when my grade came up and it was an A-.  I was relieved, to say the least.

nico

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2008, 04:01:31 PM »
I haven't posted here for a while....I felt severly crappy after many finals and totally freaked out after crim law. I could not stop thinking about it for days. Anyway, grades came. Totally fine! Not great, but good, and way better than I thought. I am pleased and staying in law school. But the best thing about the grades is that the class I was least prepped for--that I went to bed early for the night before the exam because there was no possible way I was going to learn the course in a night--was my best grade. It was also the one exam that I wrote very well. And I think it was a better exam in part b/c I did not know the material as well--I couldn't think about a hunded different ways to think about it.  I just worked with what I knew and wrote a very clear and structured answer.

Yay. I am now totally changing the way I study and feel like I can make it through another semester!!

So just to confirm what a million people have said before and told me when I was freaking out....how you think you did on a final does not matter at all...