Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: done with first exam, feel severely crappy  (Read 9978 times)

Jhuen_the_bird

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: done with first exam, feel severely crappy
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2007, 01:45:27 AM »
Isn't a B+ good at any school?  We're on a B curve, so above that must be good, right :)

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2007, 02:51:45 AM »
anyone ever not finish / have to outline an entire essay question when it appeared that the rest of the section didn't have that much of a timecrunch and still turn out ok...???

I'll latch onto any success stories in ignorance until grades come out...

Okay, first semester contracts, there was a question that could be either a good or a service (princess cruises type question).  Anyway, I spotted the ambiguity and analyzed it under both.  As a result, the section only consisted of very abbreviated answers as I tried to work myself through.  Half of the class did not pick up on the discrepancy and ended up  with plenty of time left.  So, I finished later then everyone and wrote terrible answers but did well.

And Dr., a B+ is good at your school?

Most schools have a B curve or lower, so yes a B+ is good at the majority of law schools.  Hell, at a 3rd tier a B+ is probably around top 15%.

1Lchica

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2007, 05:50:39 AM »
I would be ecstatic to get a B+ in any class.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2007, 09:04:18 AM »
Isn't a B+ good at any school?  We're on a B curve, so above that must be good, right :)

oh, we have a B+ curve, so a B+ is terrible here...

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2007, 11:38:35 AM »

oh, we have a B+ curve, so a B+ is terrible here...

I wouldn't go so far to say a B+ is "terrible" dude lol. There are plenty of median ppl at our school that landed biglaw jobs, especially in IP.  Maybe you have straight A-'s but I sure as hell don't lol.

Jhuen_the_bird

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2007, 11:56:48 AM »
Yeah, I would hardly say that receiving a middle/average grade in law school is "horrible."  ::)

Dr. Balsenschaft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2007, 02:43:35 PM »

That was on a B curve so a B+ was decent. It wasn't great but, considering I thought I had failed, I was pretty happy with it. Even though I also received a B in Torts and a B in Con Law, I still ended up with a 3.55 at the end of the year  (the rest of my grades were A-'s or A's.)

With that said, I'm pretty sure I just scored my first fvcking C on an Evidence exam. Fvck, fvck, fvck, fvck, fvck! Forget what I said about how easy it is for me to "take an exam and forget about it" because I'm such an awesome 2L who has learned so much from experience.   

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2007, 03:48:36 PM »

That was on a B curve so a B+ was decent. It wasn't great but, considering I thought I had failed, I was pretty happy with it. Even though I also received a B in Torts and a B in Con Law, I still ended up with a 3.55 at the end of the year  (the rest of my grades were A-'s or A's.)

With that said, I'm pretty sure I just scored my first fvcking C on an Evidence exam. Fvck, fvck, fvck, fvck, fvck! Forget what I said about how easy it is for me to "take an exam and forget about it" because I'm such an awesome 2L who has learned so much from experience.   

hahaha, yea, forgetting about it is easier said then done...  I am trying not to think about grades by spending the money i will make this summer, lol.  not a bad way to get over bombing evidence (i thought i had it down cold, but multiple choice exams blow, so i feel ya on that).

1Lchica

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2007, 04:05:14 PM »
Few more questions for you helpful people:

- I just realized how craptastic my outline is for my exam Monday. So I'm reworking it. As I do it, though, I'm trying to move chunks of text and figure out how it fits together, doing it very slowly. Do you think I still have a good chance of learning the material and doing well Monday? (I hope so, because we only have two days between each exam.)
- Also, do you guys MEMORIZE your outlines or just make sure you're familiar? For my last final, I know I'm going to have to memorize stuff because it's closed-book... but I just don't see otherwise how to memorize so much stuff. Although, after that torts test, I felt like I looked at my outline way too much.

I'm trying to stay positive!

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2007, 04:25:49 PM »
Few more questions for you helpful people:

- I just realized how craptastic my outline is for my exam Monday. So I'm reworking it. As I do it, though, I'm trying to move chunks of text and figure out how it fits together, doing it very slowly. Do you think I still have a good chance of learning the material and doing well Monday? (I hope so, because we only have two days between each exam.)
- Also, do you guys MEMORIZE your outlines or just make sure you're familiar? For my last final, I know I'm going to have to memorize stuff because it's closed-book... but I just don't see otherwise how to memorize so much stuff. Although, after that torts test, I felt like I looked at my outline way too much.

I'm trying to stay positive!

1.  I still feel like you're obsessing over your outlines way too much.  But that aside, if you've been working all semester, then you probably know more than you think you know, and can solidify everything by Monday.

2.  God no, I don't memorize my outline.  I read through it a lot before the exam, I put it in a binder, I tab everything, highlight important stuff, and will even write stuff in the margins.  I use my outline throughout the entire exam, but I've gone through it enough and have it tabbed well enough that I lose little to no time at all flipping through it.