Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hey how important is spotting ALL the issues?  (Read 2426 times)

Alamo79

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Hey how important is spotting ALL the issues?
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2007, 08:02:56 AM »
To the extent you can, put your past exams behind you--relax the afternoon/evening after the exam, then move on to the next topic the next day.  You're done; the exam can't hurt you anymore--unless you let it hurt your performance on the rest of your exams by dwelling on it.

And for most exams, nobody spots all the issues, and really good treatment of other issues can certainly make up for it.

jimmyjohn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2007, 08:42:34 AM »
Sorry, that was in bad taste.  I'm sure that you can miss an issue and still do very well because like others have said, almost no one spots every issue.  I'm a 3L and I walk out of every exam feeling like I missed some issues and I usually end up fine.   

scoundrel

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2007, 09:55:03 AM »
In my complex litigation exam, I didn't say one word about MDL, which our professor spent a decent portion of class time on, and which she DEFINITELY wrote into the hypo. I got an A- in a class top-heavy with 3Ls and Law Reviews, and where the Prof was tightfisted with As and A-s.

During the period b/f grades are announced, you always see everything you did wrong. Did that hypo really raise (forum non conveniens, CISG, defective incorporation, whatever)or was it a red herring? I didn't say enough about this, I said too much about that.

Try to let it go.

Mina

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007, 04:35:43 PM »
Actually Now I know I failed, Because I missed self-defense, & as a result Defense of 3rd-person, Law enforcement defense, public duty defense, duress (common law & MPC), the distinction between common-law robbery & MPC, physical proximity & dangerous prox. for attempt. This is very good, at least now I know I messed up real bad (prolly got a D or an F). Also, the professor said before right before the test when I met him (I was hiding behind the door, & he didn't see me) that he had this "feeling" during the conference with a girl that "either her or the next student would get an A, & the other would fail). under Ny law, it is a misdemeanor to intentionally claim you know someone's future Except only for entertainment purposes. (he claimed to knew the future) I was wondering If I can equittable relief by demanding a court order to retake the test? (the NY trial court is actually down the block from my school, I have a 100 bucks to file.) Do I need a cause of action for equity? (this'd be by only remedy, &  can subpoena the girl; I'm sure I can prove this by preponderance of evidence, unless of course he & she lie) Also, I had nightmares about this etc. etc. 

mf22076

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2007, 04:43:10 PM »
Mina, you are killing me with the sarcasm.  Relax, I know that I have walked out of exams thinking that I bombed them and have been pleasantly surprised.  Besides, just by reading your posts you know enough about the subject matter that I would guess a C+ at the least.

Mina

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2008, 07:32:36 PM »
Just got grade back fro' that test, & it was a B+!! Your support brought me some peace, (except that C srcasm), Please forgive me for doubting,  I was tempted by the dark-side of the force: "fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate"; now I've learned "control" or so I believe, Best Wishes to all--M.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2008, 07:45:01 PM »
awww.... congrats :) The exam I was talking about, where I missed an entire question, just had the grade posted tonight and I got well above the curve.

Law school is such a crap shoot.  I love/hate it.