Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: sick of it yet?  (Read 1130 times)

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
sick of it yet?
« on: December 10, 2007, 09:01:34 PM »
Wondering if anyone else has gotten to the point that they want to vomit every time they go over the same subject for the 1,000th time...

Can't exams be over already?
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

GA-fan

Re: sick of it yet?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 09:35:48 PM »
Lol. We all know the feeling. I'd like to bump a few of those "I love law school!" threads from a month ago and see how many still agree with that statement. :D This is why upperclassmen are so burned out and cynical to the 1Ls- you don't realize how bad finals suck until you've been through it. They suck the joy out of you even if you're handling them well.

Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 02:42:51 PM »
I still like law school.  I posted that in October and everyone said in December I'd hate it.  I don't.  I get the material, and I'm OK with whatever grades I get.  Everyone is way more stressed out than they need to be.  I've been in exams for two weeks now, and I've just been working during the day and kicking back at night. 

TheReasonableMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 03:42:39 PM »
Agreed.  I, too, posted one of those threads about a month ago and I still like law school.  It's hard and stressful right now, and I would rather finals be over but two stressful weeks twice a year is hardly a bad gig.  Still glad about my decision :-)

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 04:20:17 PM »
I still like law school in general- just need these things to be OVER.

Oh well... property exam is going down in T-100 minutes and counting  ::)
Georgetown Law Graduate

Now who's being naive?

mf22076

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 04:57:29 PM »
I really like school also.  But when the grades come back in a month that may change my perspective.  This is the hardest I have worked in my life and to do poorly would really be a huge disappointment.  Also there is nothing like the pressure of the exam when you have 10 mins left and 3 issues to go.  Your brain blanks out and you become Forrest Gump.  Type Forrest Type!   

Jhuen_the_bird

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 08:19:46 PM »
Me!  I'm sick of it!  *raises hand*

I loved it at first, but that was before I had to be graded.

It sucks to have ONE exam for a whole semester worth of work (and I'm used to quarters on top of that!)

I have to remind myself that I find what I'm studying interesting, and I just hate these exams :-/

redjay

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 08:21:44 PM »
I can't believe people are still saying they like law school...I didn't hate it during the year, but I didn't like it either. I can't stand it right now. 5 More days to freedom...

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 09:35:09 PM »
It sucks to have ONE exam for a whole semester worth of work (and I'm used to quarters on top of that!)

I hear that. My UG did 6 week blocks with only one class per block- so this whole exam week thing is a foreign concept to me.

Georgetown Law Graduate

Now who's being naive?