Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Property - Future estates  (Read 1564 times)

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
Property - Future estates
« on: December 07, 2007, 04:10:58 PM »
Hey everyone: 
   I'm a 2L but was an evening student last year, i need some help figuring out Future estates and such. Does anyone know of good supps or diagrams to help me master this??? If you aced property or this part of the exam or know it really really well, what helped you??? I can already tell that my property exam is my hardest exam this semester. Gracias :)
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

Dr. Balsenschaft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Property - Future estates
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 08:45:23 PM »
The Gilbert's commercial outline is excellent for property.

lawmama09

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 08:52:24 PM »
Man, I hated future interests. I found the Law in a Flash flash cards to be helpful though. They have one set just for future interests that is pretty decent.

vaplaugh

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 09:53:40 PM »
My prof used this book as a supplement.  I have nothing but praise for it - the book goes through E&FI in a step-by-step fashion.  Although, if you're taking your exam soon, it's probably too late to use (but there is a basic chart in the back of the book).

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9780735549524&itm=1

jd4me2010

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 11:46:03 PM »
Vap is right, that is an EXCELLENT book and one that my prof used this term as well. It made future interests (relatively) easy. I actually think property is going to be my easiest final this term.
HTH,

GA-fan

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 11:18:39 AM »
Ditto on the book vap recommended. I think with future estates, the only thing that helps is practice, practice, practice. They're really like doing math and geometry proofs. It takes lots of practice, but once you get the hang of them, they're easy. Hang in there.

Steve Young

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 09:40:14 PM »
no no no...no to everyone.

Well, I have no problem with you getting a supplement, for the purposes of seeing problems.  But to get good, you need to treat it like math.  Get a crap load of problems and just work threw them maticulously

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 10:38:18 PM »
Thanks everyone. The exam was last night and I think it went really well especially with future estates questions .I would have to say the best items to use were. Law and a Flash Flash Cards for Future estates and Crunch time Property supplement. It has flow charts that help out!! Thanks again and for anyone who has issues w/future estates these will help. Ciao
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!