Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OCU student question  (Read 14727 times)

imwithhappy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
OCU student question
« on: December 05, 2007, 05:27:36 PM »
I am considering OCU for next fall and was wondering if any of the current students including 2 and 3Ls would be willing to share their opinions on this school.  I visited the campus earlier this year and was impressed but I wondered if the tuition is worth it.  How deep and how well are students recruited and does this only apply to the top 25%?  I am worried that if I happen to fall outside of the top 25% that I will be scrambling to get job, much less a decent paying job.   I have a friend that graduated from OCU law a few years ago and she was outside the top 25% and she still hasn't found a job that pays over $35K in the OKC area.  Does the job market for OCU grads suck in OKC or just for those that are just mediocre in law school?
University of Oklahoma '11

imwithhappy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: OCU student question
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 06:18:58 PM »
346 views and not one response? 
University of Oklahoma '11

mecarr

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 11:59:44 PM »
I am considering OCU for next fall and was wondering if any of the current students including 2 and 3Ls would be willing to share their opinions on this school.  I visited the campus earlier this year and was impressed but I wondered if the tuition is worth it.  How deep and how well are students recruited and does this only apply to the top 25%?  I am worried that if I happen to fall outside of the top 25% that I will be scrambling to get job, much less a decent paying job.   I have a friend that graduated from OCU law a few years ago and she was outside the top 25% and she still hasn't found a job that pays over $35K in the OKC area.  Does the job market for OCU grads suck in OKC or just for those that are just mediocre in law school?

I am a second year law student. As far as the employment scene is, I do not know because I haven't started looking for jobs. I don't know why your friend hasn't found a job that pays more, what field is she trying to get into? Overall, the school is nice but the faculty\administration seem to have an inferiority complex with OU, to the point where they try to make the courses and exams harder than they really need to be. Case in point, on an evidence exam we need to have all the rules memorized AND the case analysis for each of the 65 cases we read throughout the course.

Lloyd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 09:38:48 PM »
I am a second year law student. As far as the employment scene is, I do not know because I haven't started looking for jobs.

What happened to you during OCI that you haven't started looking for a job?

Guy Patterson

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 07:08:46 PM »

I am a second year law student. As far as the employment scene is, I do not know because I haven't started looking for jobs. I don't know why your friend hasn't found a job that pays more, what field is she trying to get into? Overall, the school is nice but the faculty\administration seem to have an inferiority complex with OU, to the point where they try to make the courses and exams harder than they really need to be. Case in point, on an evidence exam we need to have all the rules memorized AND the case analysis for each of the 65 cases we read throughout the course.

Ridiculous....

OkinawanLawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 09:22:46 PM »
i lived in okc....actually right down the street at the hemmingway, and i will tell you, OCU staff is killing the school.  a few years ago, it was a stellar school, now its terrible.   OKC in general just sucks.  there is nothing there, i live in florida now and about to move to michigan.  if it wasnt for having my own business, i would starve to death in okc.  your best bet is to graduate, and then get the hell out of oklahoma.  in fact I wouldnt even go to dallas.  although there is a good system for OCU grads down there.

if you plan on staying in OKC, yea you should have gone to OU.  if you plan on making money get out of oklahoma and you will be good.