Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How much do you HATE law school and the people in it?  (Read 3899 times)

Aida7

• View Profile
    • Email
How much do you HATE law school and the people in it?
« on: December 04, 2007, 10:39:38 PM »
I am a 3L who is pretty fed up with law school and having to deal with on an everyday basis the inept students who bask themselves in the phony prestige that is a 'legal education.' I'm tired of the law review douches, the public intrest bs'ers, trial team fools, and the idiots who think they're gonna make it big when no one really cares.

Who's with me?
NYU 3.4/150
in @ U.Kentucky ($$), NYLS ($$), Nova, Pace($), Syracuse, In at UF (for fall) off waitlist 8/20/05
WL @ Miami, Brooklyn, UF, Miss, Albany
hold @ FSU
rej @ UGA, W&L,

xferlawstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: How much do you HATE law school and the people in it?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 11:26:34 PM »
I'm definitely with you!

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 11:51:22 PM »
I'm definitely with you!

Im thinking of transferring to a distance learning law school and just moving somewhere tropical.  Law school after 1L is repetitive bull.  I cant believe I thought this *&^% was fun before.  Its like, yea, I can spot issues.  I learned to read in fifth grade (possibly, i dont know, i was young).  Thanks.

Anyone wanna go to costa rica for online law school?  I think they would take 3L's as well.

oscarsonthepond

• mmm....bOOYA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 12:23:18 AM »
Yeah...the ones that drive me the craziest are the cynics.

Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 09:23:41 AM »
... you could have just gone to a better law school where the students aren't inept and your education isn't phony?

redjay

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 09:51:15 AM »
Oh man, i'm only halfway through 1L and I can't stand the people i go to school with, does it just get worse from here?

barbados has a great law school if you are interested in the caribbean. unfortunately, i know a lot of people there, and for the most part, they aren't much better.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 11:04:23 AM »
Oh man, i'm only halfway through 1L and I can't stand the people i go to school with, does it just get worse from here?

barbados has a great law school if you are interested in the caribbean. unfortunately, i know a lot of people there, and for the most part, they aren't much better.

hahaha, i could do the barbados, the snow is too much for me here. 

the people get better especially as everyone gets friends outside of law school and you start to have classes with other people. 

the work gets more boring though.  i honestly love the people now, but hate the work.  its hard to see a  point in it after a certain point.  its my fault though for not taking more practical skills classes and just doing bar prep/supposedly interesting classes.

and peaches, the education is even more phony as you move up the ranks and it gets more and more philosophical and less and less practical.

Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 02:27:03 PM »
I was mainly responding to OP's hatred of the other students.  I get your point, but I'd sure rather someone teach me the philosophy behind the law than just quiz me on having read it...

Students who aren't inept can generally read cases, statutes, and rules and figure them out on their own.

Alamo79

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 03:42:09 PM »
Key question--do you hate yourself?

Budlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 05:58:31 PM »
Personally I don't like how clickish lawschool can be. Its like high-school all over again. Other than that, I don't hate my classmates. There are some tools and douches, but for the most part everyone's alright.