Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Contracts supplemental - GIlbert/Emmanuel/E&E - which one is better?  (Read 1619 times)

neon

• View Profile
    • Email
Or they are pretty much the same?

Any feedback will be helpful

thanks!

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Contracts supplemental - GIlbert/Emmanuel/E&E - which one is better?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 02:46:18 PM »
What I think is better is going to be pretty worthless for you.  The E&E is completely different than the outlines, and as for the outlines, they're organized a bit differently, and have slightly different formats.

I'll take an E&E over a generic commercial outline any day, as I find the questions/answers helpful.  I don't like any of the commercial outlines.

If you're a 1L, asking this question NOW, it may be a little late in the game to even be figuring out the differences.  I suggest you go to your library or bookstore and take 10-15 minutes and flip through the outlines the E&E to see which is best suited to your learning style.

eli250

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 07:58:34 PM »
Read the E&Es throughout the semester so you just need to skim the cases when assigned in your casebook.  Use the Emanuels or Gilberts to help you outline to make sure you don't miss anything important.  The Contracts E&E hypos were very long and thus good for prepping for issue spotter exams.  I found the Torts E&E to be pretty usesless since the concepts in Torts were so easy to understand.  The other E&Es were helpful throughout

blackpowerman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 01:36:27 AM »
i have E and E's, legalines and gilberts, just in case.  E and E's are great for use throughout the semeseter, but they are good at the end too.  legalines and gilberts help u analyze the outlines and get all the important shite out
"The fox knows many tricks; the hedgehog one good one" - Archilochus

Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 08:59:33 AM »
Chirelstein has a good book on contracts.