Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Company doing email mail merge  (Read 3797 times)

turrets

• View Profile
Company doing email mail merge
« on: November 23, 2007, 12:33:56 PM »
So a bunch of ppl have asked how to get the email addresses from NALP and no one has a good answer.

I vaguely remember finding a post either here or somewhere else that charged $30 and pulled out all the email addresses for the firm and sent out cover letters and resumes to them.

Anyone remember the name of the website?

Or figure out how to get email addresses from nalp. One could write a script but that is just too much work.

turrets

• View Profile
Re: Company doing email mail merge
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 10:17:00 PM »
You guys are stellar.

I found the website:

http://www.approachthebench.com

and here's the thread about the service
http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/students/index.php/topic,3470.msg24002.html#msg24002

Budlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 03:36:50 PM »
You could have just looked up each firm on NALP, went to that firm's website, and then looked at the recruiter's contact information. Not exactly rocket-science, and it will save money.

Also, why the heck are you sending e-mails with this stuff? Do you really think you'll be taken seriously with an e-mail containing your cover-letter and resume. Mail out everything. Most firms want transcripts and writing samples too.

So a bunch of ppl have asked how to get the email addresses from NALP and no one has a good answer.

I vaguely remember finding a post either here or somewhere else that charged $30 and pulled out all the email addresses for the firm and sent out cover letters and resumes to them.

Anyone remember the name of the website?

Or figure out how to get email addresses from nalp. One could write a script but that is just too much work.

Bob Loblaw Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 06:02:16 PM »
sending resumes via email is just an expidited method for your resume to reach the recycle bin.