Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Baylor Admitted Students (Spring 2008)  (Read 13928 times)

metromitch

• View Profile
Baylor Admitted Students (Spring 2008)
« on: November 22, 2007, 02:02:48 PM »
I was admitted for the spring semester, and I am considering attending. I have already mailed in my seat deposit.

Anyone else in the same boat?
3.73/157

Applying for Spring 2008 and Fall 2008 cycles.
Accepted: Baylor (Spring)

hokielaw

• View Profile
Re: Baylor Admitted Students (Spring 2008)
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 09:27:07 PM »
right there with ya buddy. i'm very excited about baylor law, and will be sending in my deposit soon. it's great because i'm from dallas and am graduating early from undergrad at virginia tech in december, so i can start right away.

where else are you considering?

hurley325

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 11:28:48 PM »
I too have been admitted to Baylor for Spring 2008, but I will not be sending in my deposit.  If I go to Baylor my desired start date would be Summer 2008, which, after talking to somebody in the admissions office, I think I have a decent shot at being accepted to.  I am also in the same boat as hokielaw in that I'm graduating in 3.5 years, but I really want to take some time off before I start law school.

Also, getting an acceptance to a school that I have ranked about the same as Baylor on my list also makes it much easier to gamble that I will be able to get in for the Summer quarter.  Good luck to those starting in the Spring though.  Baylor is a rigorous program in a beautiful building, but it definitely prepares you to be a good lawyer right out of school.

metromitch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 12:24:27 PM »
right there with ya buddy. i'm very excited about baylor law, and will be sending in my deposit soon. it's great because i'm from dallas and am graduating early from undergrad at virginia tech in december, so i can start right away.

where else are you considering?

That's great. I also graduated in 3.5 years from both high school and undergrad. I am a tad worried about not taking off any time off before law school, but it has suited me well before. Why stop now?

I have an acceptance at OU, and I am waiting to hear from U of H in particular, seeing as its tuition is considerably less than Baylor. Also, that is where my family is.
3.73/157

JISBB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 05:10:17 PM »
I was accepted as well. I also am graduating from undergrad early and starting law school right away. Only thing is, I am from New York - I was wondering if anyone who was accepted is from out-of-state as well.

Thanks.

metromitch

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 01:39:56 PM »
Not from out of state, but I am leaning more and more toward Baylor as the time for new student orientation moves into two-month territory.
3.73/157

Mr. Roe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 03:55:02 PM »
I hope you all enjoy the most cut-throat school in the country.

JISBB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 06:55:12 PM »
^ Explain how it is so cut-throat

metromitch

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 07:44:22 PM »
I hope you all enjoy the most cut-throat school in the country.

Do you say this because you personally are knowledgeable concerning the environment at Baylor? Or do you get this impression from its students being labeled "Most Competitive" on certain rankings?

Also, I took the luxury of reading some of your other posts around here. You seem to be quite the cynic; I'd have to say your consistency of opinion is somewhat admirable.
3.73/157

hokielaw

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 09:08:12 PM »
I was accepted as well. I also am graduating from undergrad early and starting law school right away. Only thing is, I am from New York - I was wondering if anyone who was accepted is from out-of-state as well.

Thanks.

where from in NY? my girlfriend is from Albany, and we met at undergrad. she loves dallas and texas in general, but ymmv. definitely different lifestyle from NY and NJ (having seen both), but you should come down and tour it. it's pretty nice