Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SEC Summer Honors Program  (Read 4210 times)

AverageGuyGoodGrades

• View Profile
SEC Summer Honors Program
« on: November 21, 2007, 04:07:48 PM »
I have an interview coming up for the SEC summer honors program. Has anyone interviewed with the SEC this year? Was the interview similar to/different from law firm interviews? Also, does anyone know if the summer honors program can lead to full-time employment after graduation?

park7

• View Profile
Re: SEC Summer Honors Program
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 06:31:21 PM »
I interviewed for the same thing in the DC office by phone about two weeks ago and just got an offer today.  It was a short interview, about 20 mins, so it really flew by.  I'm barely in the top half of my class, but I'm also a CPA w/ a masters degree so I would guess that had something to do with it.

I asked them in the interview about employment prospects after law school and I got the sense that it isn't as sure of a thing as it might be at a law firm, but there are already a number of this year's summers who have offers.  So it definitely helps if that's where you want to go, but it doesn't sound like they have spots for everyone.  I'm calling one of the alumni of my school who works there to get more info and I would suggest doing the same.

westward

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 07:16:27 PM »
I was told in my interview that because the SEC is govt. agency they cannot guarantee offers of employment after law school but that it has been done from time to time.  So the answer is maybe...

rider06

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 01:27:44 PM »
anyone know what they pay is (roughly)?

shady2009

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 01:41:05 PM »
a touch under $1,000 per week

rsubram

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 08:16:32 PM »
Hey everyone!

Further to this topic, I was wondering if anyone would know what to expect from a phone interview for the 1L summer program at the SEC?  What kind of questions they ask?  What they are looking for?  How many people they interview?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!