Law School Discussion

Outlining blues......

1LMan

• View Profile
Outlining blues......
« on: November 19, 2007, 04:26:45 PM »
Any 2L's out there struggling to get started outlining?  Exams are in 2-3 short weeks,  yet I have no motivation to get going on my outlines.

I feel like I need that pressure of the exams looming overhead just after thanksgiving to get moving.

Anyone else struggling to get moving?

Re: Outlining blues......
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 04:48:28 PM »
Yeah, I'm trying to get started presently, but 'tis slow going.

I heard a 1L last week talking about how he had finished his outlines (except for the last few weeks of class); I had a strong urge to bust his lip.  I did, however, take solace in the near certainty that his cockiness will be his downfall.

nbf

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 05:45:53 PM »
I feel ya...  I made a half-hearted attempt at starting my ConlawII outline today... did like 3 page and then played videogames the rest of the day.  I cant imagine how much the apathy will increase by this time next year.

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 07:26:03 PM »
Anyone else struggling to get moving?
[/quote]

I know the feeling... its so hard to get motivated and even care about this stuff... especially without that excited 1L feeling and all.  I am not taking *&^% for classes this semester, but it seems like prepping for this two has been a month long process when it only took a few days last year.  ehhh :(

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 07:57:17 PM »
Impossible.

jacy85

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 08:10:05 PM »
It's SO much worse as a 3L.  :-[

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 08:28:26 PM »

yea, but it matters so much less.  I still have to worry about the possibility of having to repeat OCI 3L year, you are already set.  so jealous...

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 09:28:46 PM »

Words can not describe how hard it is to care.  One of my professors had to call on NINE people today before he found someone who had "sort of" read the case.  Yeah, it's mostly 3Ls in the class.  Just so hard to give a damn about getting yelled at, maybe getting bad grades, etc. when 2000 billable and tons of debt is staring you down.

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 12:04:03 AM »
I feel ya...  I made a half-hearted attempt at starting my ConlawII outline today... did like 3 page and then played videogames the rest of the day.  I cant imagine how much the apathy will increase by this time next year.

That's pretty much been my whole semester.  I'm finding it nearly impossible to gather up the motivation to outline.  I'll outline for 15 minutes, then take a half hour break and keep this up the whole day.

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 12:23:37 AM »
im an L1- if law school is the marathon they say it is, ive hit the wall (mile 20) and struggling to get back on stride....