Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 1L and Upper Level Outlines  (Read 8712 times)

mshellscope

• View Profile
1L and Upper Level Outlines
« on: November 16, 2007, 08:58:32 PM »
I've started an ebay link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180183199888&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=008

If you have any doubts about the quality of these outlines, check out my feedback.  A lot of satisfied customers!  Thanks and all the best!

oscarsonthepond

• mmm....bOOYA!!!
    • View Profile
Re: 1L and Upper Level Outlines
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 12:47:15 AM »
Seriously....when did this forum turn into the dumping grounds for blog spam and outline bank ads?

McLovin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 02:55:49 AM »
Since it was called the Book Sales and Trades Forum?  Isn't this what the forum is supposed to be for?  Anyway, this is a waste of money; just go to the NYU outline bank or ilrg.com.  Don't pay for this garbage.

mshellscope

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 08:57:30 AM »
First of all, both of you need to get a life.  Second, how can you say that it is a waste of money when you have absolutely no idea regarding the quality of these outlines.  These are NOT the same outlines that people have posted for free. 

For anyone that is interested, here is some of the feedback that customers have given.  This is a much better quality indicator than what our two poster friends above took time out of their Friday night to bestow upon us.

"Outstanding outlines!!"
"just as promised. Great outlines"
"Great Buy! Super Fast Delivery! Many thanks!"
"great product - a lot of time and energy has gone into it."
"AAA Rating. A pleasure to do business with you."
"Well organized outlines, easy to follow and comprehensive. Thanks. Good Price."
"great study aid, very useful as a basis for your own 1L outline! worth the price"
"Great Product - Used for 1L finals and found the charts excellent"
"Very quick shipment! Outlines are fantastic!! Would definitely recommend!"

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 09:25:32 AM »
First of all, both of you need to get a life.  Second, how can you say that it is a waste of money when you have absolutely no idea regarding the quality of these outlines.  These are NOT the same outlines that people have posted for free. 

It's completely beyond me why someone would pay for your crappy general outline when they can get a crappy 2 or 3L outline from the same professor for FREE.

mshellscope

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 10:12:37 AM »

[/quote]

It's completely beyond me why someone would pay for your crappy general outline when they can get a crappy 2 or 3L outline from the same professor for FREE.
[/quote]

What law school did you go to?!  None of my professors were handing out outlines to the students.

Thanks for your opinion, too.  We were just dying to hear what you thought about this thread.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 12:47:16 PM »

[/quote]

What law school did you go to?!  None of my professors were handing out outlines to the students.

Thanks for your opinion, too.  We were just dying to hear what you thought about this thread.
[/quote]

Learn to read - I didn't say the professor was handing out outlines.  I said 2 and 3Ls who had the professor during their 1L years had outlines from that specific professor's class, focusing on the topics that specific professor liked and policy issues that professor favors.  AND those outlines are FREE, unless the 2 and 3Ls at some schools are asshats (like you...) who charge.

Lawbster

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 04:35:22 PM »
Seriously guys, not only does this guy act like a total ass, but these outlines (or any other outlines on eBay, for that matter) are absolute garbage, as noted.

To the 0Ls and 1Ls: The best outlines for a class will come from 2L and 3L students who have THE SAME PROFESSOR. An random outline from some random teacher who uses some random book WILL BE OF LITTLE TO NO USE TO YOU. Seriously.

MAYBE, if you bought these outlines, it could possibly help you get the very slight gist of the material. Maybe. However, the Examples & Explanations series WILL give you what you need and help you actually understand the concepts. Add this to an outline from a 2L/3L (or one you picked up online that IS SPECIFIC TO YOUR PROFESSOR) and you're golden.

Not to mention that outlines really have one use, and that use is for YOU to put it together YOURSELF in order to help learn the info by typing it out.

I tried to use "outlines" like this my first semester and realized after a couple weeks that they were garbage. Your professor will focus on things that your professor thinks is important, and this isn't necessarily what commercial outlines or "outlines" like this guy is selling on eBay focus on. This guy is trying to take your money.

Also, the feedback is BS. Who cares what some random person, who could be a 0L or someone never planning to attend law school (i.e. using the outlines purely for self-interest) thinks?

OUTLINES LIKE THESE CAN BE DETRIMENTAL to your studying. You say, "Why not buy them, it's only $10?" The answer is because they will confuse you. He doesn't even seem to say what law school he went to, which can be a big deal because if he attended some bottom of the barrel law school (and I assume he did because he has resorted to selling $10 outlines eBay, something which is unnecessary when one has a market paying job) in Alabama or something, they will be specific to that area. Same with a Tier 4 school in California, they focus on the law there in CA. If he went to a national school (which he almost certainly didn't), this isn't so much of a problem.

To summarize: DON'T EVEN THINK OF BUYING THESE OUTLINES, THEY ARE GARBAGE.

Jumboshrimps

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 04:41:44 PM »
The best outline comes from the person taking the test. If you really want to spend money on it though, put your own outline on ebay and then bid on it yourself.

mshellscope

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2007, 11:26:13 PM »
Seriously guys, not only does this guy act like a total ass, but these outlines (or any other outlines on eBay, for that matter) are absolute garbage, as noted.

To the 0Ls and 1Ls: The best outlines for a class will come from 2L and 3L students who have THE SAME PROFESSOR. An random outline from some random teacher who uses some random book WILL BE OF LITTLE TO NO USE TO YOU. Seriously.

MAYBE, if you bought these outlines, it could possibly help you get the very slight gist of the material. Maybe. However, the Examples & Explanations series WILL give you what you need and help you actually understand the concepts. Add this to an outline from a 2L/3L (or one you picked up online that IS SPECIFIC TO YOUR PROFESSOR) and you're golden.

Not to mention that outlines really have one use, and that use is for YOU to put it together YOURSELF in order to help learn the info by typing it out.

I tried to use "outlines" like this my first semester and realized after a couple weeks that they were garbage. Your professor will focus on things that your professor thinks is important, and this isn't necessarily what commercial outlines or "outlines" like this guy is selling on eBay focus on. This guy is trying to take your money.

Also, the feedback is BS. Who cares what some random person, who could be a 0L or someone never planning to attend law school (i.e. using the outlines purely for self-interest) thinks?

OUTLINES LIKE THESE CAN BE DETRIMENTAL to your studying. You say, "Why not buy them, it's only $10?" The answer is because they will confuse you. He doesn't even seem to say what law school he went to, which can be a big deal because if he attended some bottom of the barrel law school (and I assume he did because he has resorted to selling $10 outlines eBay, something which is unnecessary when one has a market paying job) in Alabama or something, they will be specific to that area. Same with a Tier 4 school in California, they focus on the law there in CA. If he went to a national school (which he almost certainly didn't), this isn't so much of a problem.

To summarize: DON'T EVEN THINK OF BUYING THESE OUTLINES, THEY ARE GARBAGE.

Wow.  Thanks for that.  You really took a lot of time away from studying to write that novel of negativity.

Bottom line, this guy/girl has NOT purchased the outlines.  Until he/she does, he/she can not have a worthy opinion of the quality of the outlines.  The "blanket" statements used are analogous to saying a book is crappy without reading it.  Please DO NOT write lengthy bashes unless you have actually purchased the outlines.