Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 1L summer abroad  (Read 813 times)

blackpowerman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
1L summer abroad
« on: November 15, 2007, 02:06:16 PM »
hey guys,
I am interested in studying abroad this summer- specifically, University of Miami's Italy and Greece program.  Anyone know anything about it from personal experience?  I really want to do this since I never had the chance to study abroad in undergrad because of my athletic scholarships. 

Any recommendations or advice is greatly appreciated!
"The fox knows many tricks; the hedgehog one good one" - Archilochus

karipidis

• View Profile
Re: 1L summer abroad
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 02:41:48 PM »
I go to Tulane and am going to the Greek Isles this summer (I am also of Greek ancestry). I am very interested in Admiralty and Maritime Law and the Law of the Sea and my professors suggested this program to me. The sessions will be held in the islands of Rhodos and Spetses. They've also planned excursions around the island by sail and to the islands of Chalki, Kos or Symi by ferry.
Acta est fabula.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 02:44:13 PM »
hey guys,
I am interested in studying abroad this summer- specifically, University of Miami's Italy and Greece program.  Anyone know anything about it from personal experience?  I really want to do this since I never had the chance to study abroad in undergrad because of my athletic scholarships. 

Any recommendations or advice is greatly appreciated!

just make sure you can find the time to work some legal experience into your summer as well.  If it is a full summer program, and there is no opportunity to intern there, I would not recommend it.

multifarious

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 05:10:54 PM »

I go to Tulane and am going to the Greek Isles this summer (I am also of Greek ancestry). I am very interested in Admiralty and Maritime Law and the Law of the Sea and my professors suggested this program to me. The sessions will be held in the islands of Rhodos and Spetses. They've also planned excursions around the island by sail and to the islands of Chalki, Kos or Symi by ferry.

I did not know there's a field of law called the Law of the Sea! It's amazing how much you learn on LSD! :)
When a man tells you that he got rich through hard work, ask him whose.