Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How to follow up?  (Read 1036 times)

gordonma

• Sr. Citizen
  • Cheers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xikillamikeix
    • View Profile
    • Email
How to follow up?
« on: November 14, 2007, 11:16:39 PM »
So I got my offer and accepted way back in early October for a pretty large firm in NJ. On about the 14th of Oct., they said to expect a letter in about two weeks with all the specs and what not, but it has been over a month and I have not heard anything. I was thinking of sending an email to the recruitment director, however, I bothered her so much during the acceptance phase I could definitely get the hint that she may be getting annoyed...

so what is the best way to follow up with the firm and ask what the deal is. I really don't want to sound pushy, so any etiquette tips would be appreciated. Should I just wait it out? send an email? what should I say?

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Seton Hall School of Law 1L come the Fall
Lets go Pirates!

craven

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: How to follow up?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 11:57:16 PM »
Email in a week and ask if she'd sent the packet. 

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 07:02:01 AM »
I'd email her soon.  They said 2 weeks, it's been a month.  I'm not sure if you signed and mailed back an offer letter when you accepted, but if not, then there may be an offer letter in this packet they'd like back.

And just keep your email short and to the point, and it won't be annoying.

GGI

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 12:56:42 PM »
Hi there!

I was reading about your posting re the above and hope that everything has been sorted by now but please let me know if you still have any questions about etiquette for lawyers.

You may also find the following link helpful: www.chelseapublishing.com. Chelsea Publishing has published a book called Soft Skills for Lawyers which is proving very popular among law students and attorneys. It aims to bridge the gap between law schools and law firms as far as behaviour at work is concerned.

Let me know if you find it helpful!