Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Got outline - now what?  (Read 1012 times)

1Lchica

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Got outline - now what?
« on: November 14, 2007, 06:54:21 PM »
So I made my outline for a mid-term I have Monday(still want to make some revisions, I don't think it flows real well), and I'm taking some practice tests. What else do I need to do to prepare for this test? Just keep re-reading the outline? Also, would making flash cards at all work to remember certain things?

Thanks!

james

• View Profile
Re: Got outline - now what?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 07:27:21 PM »
Also, would making flash cards at all work to remember certain things?

Thanks!

Before I would think, how can someone be in law school and ask a question like this? Now I know, law school is joke.

Obviously do whatever works for you. End thread.

Jumboshrimps

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 07:49:12 PM »
Throw it away. The point of making an outline is that it forces you to learn the material. If you're not comfortable throwing it away, you didn't do it right, in which case you should throw it away and start making a new outline, which you can then throw away.

The other half of exam prep is answering practice questions. And that last poster is a male private part.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 07:56:58 PM »
I second that, I disagree though.  many people dont use them, but i use mine religiously during exams.  Do some practice exams using it till you get a handle on the material, then highlight the important stuff (the modern rules only) and tab the different sections so you can flip to it easier during the exam.  Dont take too many exams though.  midterms are a joke and *&^%, so you dont want to blow through all the available and good exams on them, plus you dont want to waste time or whatever either.  good luck though :)

1Lchica

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 08:01:45 PM »
Thanks.. yeah, I couldn't imagine throwing my outline away.. I think I might need it. It did seem to help me learn the material better, but sometimes I still feel a little freaked out because I feel like I still don't know anything. It's like it "clicked" at one point, but when I go back to look at it, I'm like WTF.

Yeah, this test isn't much of our grade at all, but everyone else is freaking out and anxiety spreads. I hate my section. They suck.