Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: memoir on the resume  (Read 11542 times)

RickLax.com

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LawSchoolBlogger.com
    • Email
memoir on the resume
« on: November 11, 2007, 11:16:10 PM »
My first-year law school memoir is coming out in July.
Do I put this on the resume...or will scare some people away?  (People who think I might one day write about them....)

RickLax

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: memoir on the resume
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 07:17:55 AM »
I wouldn't put it on there, especially if its anything like your blog.  I'd be afraid someone would read it and rescind my job offer...

craven

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 04:14:08 PM »
I would put it on your resume half a dozen times, disguised as relevant information.

RickLax.com

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LawSchoolBlogger.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 05:52:47 PM »
I wouldn't put it on there, especially if its anything like your blog.  I'd be afraid someone would read it and rescind my job offer...

Do I say mean things about people on my blog?
Thought I kept it positive...

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 11:00:11 PM »

Uh...right.  I meant that your blog is pretty crappy - it sucks, IMO.  If your "memoirs" are based on what you wrote there, then I'd be ashamed to put my name on it in print.  Blogging on the internet is one thing; charging people for a book is quite another.  I'm still shocked as hell that any publisher saw anything worth printing...

oscarsonthepond

• mmm....bOOYA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 11:52:21 PM »
I would put it on your resume half a dozen times, disguised as relevant information.

I wouldn't say this is mean, really - just pointing out that you spam these boards like crazy.  It's frustrating to open a thread hoping to find something useful only to find blog links.  I think people would be much more into your blog if you posted like a normal poster on here and just had your name as your advertising, but instead essentially every post is blogspam.  For example, it seems overwhelmingly likely that you've already decided whether or not your memoirs are on your resume and you really don't care what anybody has to say on the issue, but rather just wanted to use this post to advertise your book and blog.

craven

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 08:22:37 AM »
oscar's got it

RickLax.com

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LawSchoolBlogger.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 04:46:02 PM »

Uh...right.  I meant that your blog is pretty crappy - it sucks, IMO.  If your "memoirs" are based on what you wrote there, then I'd be ashamed to put my name on it in print.  Blogging on the internet is one thing; charging people for a book is quite another.  I'm still shocked as hell that any publisher saw anything worth printing...

No, the memoir is different from the blog.
Memoir is my first year.  Blog is the 3rd.

Budlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 06:31:19 PM »

No, the memoir is different from the blog.
Memoir is my first year.  Blog is the 3rd.

What's the name of your book?

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 06:49:12 PM »
I agree with Oscar, plus, I feel like you post on here trying to get information to use on something else.  you post ridiculously dumb questions that anyone as a 3L should know at this point (people outline, etc) and its just kinda degrading to this website. 

now, if you would like, I will provide you with my advice on the issue of your memoir. 
1). you should have a job by now
2). what school do you go to?
3).  Second, I put the bible on my resume and claimed that it was my memoir, and it went over really well. 

2 isnt really a comment but more of a question.

oh, and i find your blog confusing and hard to follow.  I hope you get paid by the hits on the site, cause I think i have been life 15 times trying to figure out what is going on on there and why you keep posting it.  which, if you do get paid by the hits, send me a message and ill send you my address.  I feel like i deserve some of that for having to read the blog.