Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Ron Paul for President. . . discuss  (Read 247 times)

Jumboshrimps

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Ron Paul for President. . . discuss
« on: November 06, 2007, 06:36:11 PM »
I don't think I've ever started a new thread on this board. The times, they are a' changin'

Ron Paul has raised a great deal of money in recent months. As a libertarian-at-heart, I find his ideas to be compelling and refreshing, and his personality to be downright charismatic.

I feel that current GOP foreign policy is a sure-fire way to cause our country to be destroyed from the outside-in, while Democratic policy has always been certain to cause America to rot from the inside-out. Ron Paul at least gives lip service to the absolute best compromise, and the one that accords most closely with the vision for our country as outlined in the Constitution.

Are there any Ron Paul fans on this Board? Is this guy what he claims to be, or just another deluded politician?

Jhuen_the_bird

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Ron Paul for President. . . discuss
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 06:53:47 PM »
Any politician who is just SO adamently pro-life just ... rubs me the wrong way.  I know it's the "smart" way to run a platform, but I just ... URGH!  I like Rudy better.

xferlawstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Ron Paul for President. . . discuss
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 07:21:50 PM »
I'm voting for Barack, but he's the best Republican out there.  I'm still uncomfortable with some of his fringe ideas--like abolishing the Federal Reserve.