Law School Discussion

UT ----> UCLA/USC

UT ----> UCLA/USC
« on: November 05, 2007, 09:02:46 AM »
I am currently a 1L at UT and was wondering where I would need to be in my class in order to xfer to UCLA or USC for my 2L year. I am originally from LA and went to UCLA for undergrad. I had applied to UCLA but was waitlisted so I went to Texas because it was a good school and affordable. I am dying to be back in los angeles and plan on working there after law school. Thx!

Re: UT ----> UCLA/USC
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 09:53:02 AM »
I am currently a 1L at UT and was wondering where I would need to be in my class in order to xfer to UCLA or USC for my 2L year. I am originally from LA and went to UCLA for undergrad. I had applied to UCLA but was waitlisted so I went to Texas because it was a good school and affordable. I am dying to be back in los angeles and plan on working there after law school. Thx!

Since the schools are virtually identical in terms of ranking, I think top half might get you into UCLA. Top 1/3 should make it a lock.

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 09:56:16 AM »
Also, isn't UCLA one of the schools like WUSTL and GULC that accept large transfer classes?  If so, you may be able to get in with top 1/2 of the class.  Just study your ass off and get the highest grades possible.  Good luck.

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 12:03:37 PM »
I'm thinking about transferring to UT. Whats wrong with it? Or do you just want to go home?

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 01:39:19 PM »
ya I pretty much just want to go home.