Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Outlining - takes forever  (Read 2635 times)

1Lchica

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Outlining - takes forever
« on: November 03, 2007, 08:53:00 PM »
Is it taking a LARGE CHUNK of time for anyone else? I wish I would've started sooner in the semester. It's taking me hours upon hours. Yes, it's helping me learn/understand the material, but geez. I'm trying to do the one for my K mid-term (class lasts both semesters), which is in just a few weeks, but by then my other finals will be less than a month away, and I barely have outlines started for those classes. Stress :( :(

eli250

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Outlining - takes forever
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 12:21:43 AM »
I found outlining to be the second most important factor in doing well on exams.  Taking tons of practice exams after outlines were finished was the only thing I found more helpful.  Outlining does take forever, but it is worth it.

mmhome

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 12:32:23 AM »
Outlining always took me a really longtime too.  But, I found that my outlining process really helped my retention/comprehension.  The big thing is to not compare your progress in outlining with other students tha outline quickly.  You will get very discouraged.  Hang in there

blackpowerman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 09:31:32 AM »
I'm in the same boat- outlining is tedious, boring work-  i hate it, i mean i HATE it. 
"The fox knows many tricks; the hedgehog one good one" - Archilochus

OneLdcgal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 02:03:21 PM »
Once you're done, though, you'll love your outlines.  I'm still so proud of my CrimLaw and Evidence outlines... Not so much my other classes.  I've found that the better my outline, the better my grade in the course.  It takes forever and a day, though, so it's best to start early so you have time for practice exams.

james

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 07:30:01 PM »
How is anyone stressed?  Make an outline, learn the rules, and then apply them to the spotted issues. Law school is such a joke.

McLovin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 09:33:27 PM »
How is anyone stressed?  Make an outline, learn the rules, and then apply them to the spotted issues. Law school is such a joke.

haha

blackpowerman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 03:40:45 PM »
haha soo true...i mean, its like brain surgery- how hard can it be?  learn the brain parts, make the right cuts and apply your knowledge to finding whats wrong how to fix it, then you are done!  cake!
"The fox knows many tricks; the hedgehog one good one" - Archilochus