Law School Discussion

Anyone taking the MPRE tomorrow

Re: Anyone taking the MPRE tomorrow
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2007, 05:43:56 AM »
Don't be surprised if you walk out of the test feeling like you've failed. I think that's normal.

I think if you walk out of the MPRE feeling like you've failed, then you've failed.  It's the kind of test they can train monkeys to do for raisins.

Just remember, client's money should not be spent on your car payments.

And if you have Chicago or Illinois landlord problems, visit http://www.depositlaw.com

*yawn* Run out of ambulances or too slow to catch up?

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2007, 08:21:47 AM »
Don't be surprised if you walk out of the test feeling like you've failed. I think that's normal.

I think if you walk out of the MPRE feeling like you've failed, then you've failed.  It's the kind of test they can train monkeys to do for raisins.

And if you have Chicago or Illinois landlord problems, visit http://www.depositlaw.com

Seriously?
A five year practioner from a T25 law school needs to spam this board?

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2007, 08:53:23 AM »
haha apparently the legal market really is *that* bad (referring to WSJ article)

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2007, 02:05:12 PM »

You could also train a monkey to do "deposit law" for raisins.  Do you really make a living by ripping off clients who should be handling their own issues in small claims court? 

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2007, 11:40:30 AM »

It is def up there. The first thing you will be told to do when any client approaches you for representation -

conflicts check

conflicts check

and

conflicts check

Ethics/Prof. Conduct plays a huge role in the practice (as it should).

No doubt about it! :) Conflicts of interest are really really important! I mean, we all remember Wayne J. Schepens of Severna Park, MD -- he was sentenced to 2 years probation, with the first 6 months to be served in home detention with electronic monitoring, for engaging in a conflict of interest by using his official position as an NSA employee to cause a government contract to be awarded to a company in which he and his wife held a financial interest. Not to mention that Schepens is also supposed to pay a fine of $100,000, an upward departure from the fine stipulated in the sentencing guidelines.

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2007, 03:48:25 PM »

[...] for engaging in a conflict of interest by using his official position as an NSA employee to cause a government contract to be awarded to a company in which he and his wife held a financial interest. [...]

Quite strange, this sorta things happens regularly all over the country and we don't see any such cases be prosecuted!

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2007, 01:14:38 PM »
Scores are up!

I passed by a healthy margin.

mae

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2007, 01:30:49 PM »
I did too.  (whew)

jacy85

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2007, 01:46:16 PM »
Edit:  I also passed by quite a healthy margin.  What a relief!

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2007, 04:34:06 PM »
I actually got a 150.