Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Are They For REAL?  (Read 6364 times)

RickLax.com

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LawSchoolBlogger.com
    • Email
Are They For REAL?
« on: October 25, 2007, 01:06:01 AM »
These classmates of mine who claim to begin studying for finals in November…are they for real?   

-RickLax

craven

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Are They For REAL?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 10:22:26 AM »
Of course they are.  Law schools are full of type A personalities.  Over-preparation (or just preparation, depending on how you look at it) comes with the territory.

GA-fan

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 11:52:32 AM »
I actually start prepping for finals in November (did it as a 1L also). This usually just means outlining and listening to the barbri cds. But then, I don't have to pull late nights studying in december. I think it all evens out as far as the time commitment involved, but I'd rather not end-load my study time and stress myself out.
Try not to listen to your classmates brag about already studying for finals. Most of them are just trying to psych you out because of their own fears of not doing well.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 01:56:12 PM »
These classmates of mine who claim to begin studying for finals in November…are they for real?   

-LawSchoolBlogger

From the one time I looked at your blog to see how much it sucked, I seem to remember reading that you are a 3L.  If so, lay of the BS, and at least try to spam about things that are relevant to you as a 3L.

danbranum

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 11:03:00 AM »
yeah no spam.  boo.

www.danbranum.com

blackpowerman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 12:44:06 PM »
ummm... i've been "studying" for exams since the first day... and why wouldn't you start in november?  Aren't exams first-second week in december?  Let me guess, blogger, you are going to start studying next semester, right?

for real hot chicks, check out www.hotchicksxxx.com   

hhahahaha
"The fox knows many tricks; the hedgehog one good one" - Archilochus

Jhuen_the_bird

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 03:09:37 PM »
Hah ... well, if by "studying" you mean "outlining" (or combining/editing your info in some way) then that sounds perfectly reasonable to me.  I am not going to start practice exams until Thanksgiving, though.

RickLax.com

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LawSchoolBlogger.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 10:21:27 PM »
Hah ... well, if by "studying" you mean "outlining" (or combining/editing your info in some way) then that sounds perfectly reasonable to me.  I am not going to start practice exams until Thanksgiving, though.

I never did the study group thing, so it comes as a bit of a surprise that people do the outlining thing...I just assumed it was only first-semester 1Ls who did it.  Mmmmm...are you a first-semester 1L?

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 10:28:06 PM »
You think outlining is only for first semester 1Ls?  ???  Please tell me you're not serious...

Jhuen_the_bird

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 11:33:21 PM »

I never did the study group thing, so it comes as a bit of a surprise that people do the outlining thing...I just assumed it was only first-semester 1Ls who did it.  Mmmmm...are you a first-semester 1L?

Yes :-D