Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: AWFUL notes  (Read 1541 times)

RickLax.com

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LawSchoolBlogger.com
    • Email
AWFUL notes
« on: October 25, 2007, 01:00:42 AM »
Why is it that whenever I miss class and then ask people for their notes, they ALWAYS claim to have taken awful notes? 

-LawSchoolBlogger

juliemccoy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Treat??
    • View Profile
Re: AWFUL notes
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 01:27:05 AM »
Maybe they're threatened by you. Maybe they are annoyed by you always asking to look at other people's notes. Maybe they do have awful notes. Or maybe the professors have beaten them into thinking they take horrible notes. After a brief period of people asking him to repeat himself, our Contracts professor suggested that we drop out of law school and head down to the local community college for paralegal training. :) Now no one asks questions, so I think our notes all look the same: bad.
Vanderbilt 2010

craven

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 10:21:34 AM »
Are you asking your friends for notes?  I'd suggest that route, since if they're your friends, they'll give you whatever they have.  A little tougher if you just ask some random person who sits in your row. 

Also, in reference to our other discussion about shilling for your blog LSB, this method is much, much better and less likely to raise hackles.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 04:40:57 PM »
Why is it that whenever I miss class and then ask people for their notes, they ALWAYS claim to have taken awful notes? 

-LawSchoolBlogger

They either don't want to give them to you, as in they're hoping you'll think "awful? Nevermind!" or they don't want you to read their notes and think they're stupid - they're trying to set your expectations lows.

Bob Loblaw Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 06:09:05 PM »
i dont mind giving my notes out to someone who misses class for a legitimate reason, i.e., sickness, job interview etc..

i would not give my notes out to someone who misses clas because he needed the afternoon to blog the drama of his 1l year.

Bob Loblaw Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 06:53:42 PM »
Oh now come on!  I'd read a book about 1L life at the 4th best law school in Chicago!

I'd call it "The Pooper Chase"

or "How to Navigate the Unemployment Line for Dummies!"

or "Dial U, for Unemployable"

or "A Few Good Men"  (and a bunch of mediocre ones)

or "A Time to Kill" (yourself)

or "The Client" (what to do when you can't find one)

or "To Kill a Career"  (Go to Depaul)

i like "the pooper chase" the best. 

blackpowerman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 02:46:00 AM »
maybe you should stop blogging and start going to class....you are the legal equivalent of dane cook. i.e. not funny what so ever. 
"The fox knows many tricks; the hedgehog one good one" - Archilochus

james

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 05:44:32 PM »
i dont mind giving my notes out to someone who misses class for a legitimate reason, i.e., sickness, job interview etc..

i would not give my notes out to someone who misses clas because he needed the afternoon to blog the drama of his 1l year.

Is this a joke or do you really ask the person why they missed class before deciding whether to give them your notes or not? If so I bet your real fun to hang out with.

juliemccoy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Treat??
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 06:08:06 PM »
How can you blog the drama of 1L year if you never go to class? Some of the best drama plays out between the gunners and the professors! And the students who have to listen!

I'm happy to share notes with my classmates, but I would not hesitate to tell someone no if I felt they were benefiting from my hard work so they could go and watch soap operas. I don't need a doctor's note! That is simply someone I should not feel compelled to help out and I'm not bound to any duty to be their doormat.
Vanderbilt 2010

RickLax.com

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LawSchoolBlogger.com
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 10:31:47 PM »
maybe you should stop blogging and start going to class....you are the legal equivalent of dane cook. i.e. not funny what so ever. 

Man, you're being a jerk...but you do have Dane Cook's number...so maybe I have to take you seriously?