Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Sleeping With Classmates  (Read 4171 times)

StevePirates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • JollyLawger
    • Email
Re: Sleeping With Classmates
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2007, 02:18:18 PM »
It's all fun and games till someone gets herpes.
Seriously though, If you're not adverse to the risk and distractions and drama, then go for it.  Just go in with eyes open.  It might not go as smoothly as you'd hope.  On the other hand, could be a lot of fun!

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2007, 03:50:53 PM »
It's all fun and games till someone gets herpes.
Seriously though, If you're not adverse to the risk and distractions and drama, then go for it.  Just go in with eyes open.  It might not go as smoothly as you'd hope.  On the other hand, could be a lot of fun!

if you are just risking the clap or something curable its okay.

Seriously though, i have classes with two or more girls that i have hooked up with in them (large classes, i dont have that much game), and it gets awkward trying to find a seat away from one of them...

Strong

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2007, 12:44:06 AM »
Just don't talk about it. The only time it turns out badly is when one person brags and it gets back to the other person.

blackpowerman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2007, 02:36:38 AM »
ok- so real quick- first week i got here (my law school has undergrad too) i met a girl who worked in the local pizza shop- sophomore undegrad- check.
then i met a girl who is in the med school here the third day taking a jog around campus - check

then law classes started and i realized how effing small the place was .... first of all, id never hook up with anyone in my section- thats just askin for distraction.  well, i hooked up with one (got some head at the first weekend party) but we dont even talk anymore.  i wouldnt date anyone in mysection either- come to think of it, i didnt want to date anyone.

so i hooked up with 2 girls in the other section, check check, then kinda sorta fell in love with one and she fell in love with me too.  accidentally in love i guess.  we are in different sections so its ok- the only thing is now i cant hook up with any more law girls cause everyone knows everything about everyone.  my story is basically, dont dip ur pen in company ink- our relationship is good only cause we are in different sections- if we were in same sections, then you are risking over dose big time!

also, dont date anyone, thers so much ass to be had...kinda wish i had played the field a little bit more because everyone knows i have agirlfriend and well, people are already trying to say im doing things with other girls, etc etc....ok so im pro hooking up- only get in and get out. 

i want to hear some cool stories.  i havent done it in the law library yet, but its inevitable...
"The fox knows many tricks; the hedgehog one good one" - Archilochus

blackpowerman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2007, 02:42:48 AM »
oh i forgot- got head from a third year girl who is my orientation advisor/upstairs neighbor...and she bought me dinner
"The fox knows many tricks; the hedgehog one good one" - Archilochus

james

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2007, 12:43:20 PM »
You shouldn't read things into my answer that aren't there.  I never said it was "the man's job" to do any of that.  ANYONE who wants to cover their ass, guy or girl, should try to minimize the risk of getting into something that can turn extremely ugly.  And a guy OR girl just looking for a f**ck buddy may end up in a tough situation when their f**ck buddy decides they want a relationship and goes psycho.  I've seen it happen on both sides (guy and girl) at my school - it's not just the women that decide they want more.

make sure that you're both on the same page.  Essentially, if you're looking for nothing but a f**ck-buddy, make sure she has absolutely NO expectations of anything more

[/quote]

Ohhh, ok, I'll try to read more carefully.  I didn't know "make sure" = should.  And I'm sure you would have given the same answer regardless of gender- point is, it's such a woman answer/perspective implying that one must make sure they both want the same things before they can have sex- ridiculous.  I mean what if he just wants to bang, she wants a relationship, then they start sleeping together for a bit and he gets to know her and they get on the same page...happily ever after.  But no, there needs to be this ridiculous conversation of what each wants after some flirting. Talk about killing the mood.

james

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2007, 12:47:26 PM »

LOL!!!!!- WHAT A RIDICULOUS ANSWER;  Why is it this man's job

You shouldn't read things into my answer that aren't there.  I never said it was "the man's job" to do any of that.

And I said, "this man's job"- not "the man's job"- I wasn't saying you were putting it all on men, just on this guy in this situation.

soooo....You shouldn't read things into my answer that aren't there- right back at ya chump!

AkhilAmar

• Sr. Citizen
  • Need lots of good karma!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2007, 01:54:06 PM »

If there is an intense attraction and each needs to get laid, classmates should definitely hook up. After all, law school is stressful enough w/o worrying about not being able to hook up. As long as no babies are produced and no diseases are spread, I say have a ball.

..and if the rumor mills start, just remember Dr. Suess' wise words: be yourself, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Most the the gossiping about hooking up is the product of jealousy anyway.
UGPA: 3.8

LSAT: Dec. '07

Dream school: Michigan!

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2007, 01:54:51 PM »
it's such a woman answer/perspective implying that one must make sure they both want the same things before they can have sex- ridiculous.

First, learn how to use the quote feature; it makes responses (especially your last one) a bit easier to decipher.

Second, I fail to see how this is a "woman's perspective."  The OP was asking whether he should sleep with someone in law school, possibly from his section.  It's common sense to see how tense or uncomfortable or distracting (or all of the above) it can get is things end badly.  And if the 2 people involved are NOT on the same page at the beginning, the chances for things to end badly are higher then if they went in with the same expectations.

And suggesting this guy cover his ass is far from "babysitting her."  If this dude wants to go out on a random date w/ someone, or find a one night stand at a bar, or sleep with a friend of a friend of a friend, or whoever, and then never call again or have a @#!* buddy, that's totally fine.  It's the responsibility of each person, generally, to deal with it.

But when you're in close quarters, and in an environment like law school that is also high stress, plus the fact that after only 2 months you're not going to really know what kind of emotional baggage your @#!* buddy has or how mentally stable they are, adding it all up means that divergent expectations could get ugly.

Maybe I'm alone in thinking that that kind of drama is something that should avoided whenever possible considering everything else going on 1L year.

craven

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2007, 04:48:08 PM »
Bah, there's always going to be drama.  The rest of your life is going to carry stress with it.