Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Denver and San Francisco  (Read 2683 times)

meliss23

• View Profile
Re: Denver and San Francisco
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2007, 03:56:35 PM »
Gave up on Denver and SF after reading these posts. 
Only one big firm call back where I have still yet to receive the official rejection, however they gave an offer to a classmate weeks ago.  Not really counting on it coming through. 
I probably will just start looking at smaller law firms in my area, after I get over my massive depression and am able to change my whole life's goals... Or thinking about trying to get some good judicial clerkships, then maybe doing that when I graduate, maybe after a year or two of that I will try to go back to "Big Law."  I think that's more realistic than lateraling from a small firm.  I don't know though.

cesco

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Denver and San Francisco
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2007, 01:55:52 PM »
Gave up on Denver and SF after reading these posts. 
Only one big firm call back where I have still yet to receive the official rejection, however they gave an offer to a classmate weeks ago.  Not really counting on it coming through. 
I probably will just start looking at smaller law firms in my area, after I get over my massive depression and am able to change my whole life's goals... Or thinking about trying to get some good judicial clerkships, then maybe doing that when I graduate, maybe after a year or two of that I will try to go back to "Big Law."  I think that's more realistic than lateraling from a small firm.  I don't know though.

Good luck, keep us posted.  I wouldnt totally rule out a market just because it will be tough to break into.  OBviously people do it - it is just a tough road.  And you never know - you might really like a small firm.

Also, on a positive note: Lately I have heard a lot of lawyers mention that they get constant calls from headhunters, and that once you establish yourself with a reputable firm (even if a local firm) then many doors open to lateral.
2L