Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Waiting for offer  (Read 1442 times)

meliss23

• View Profile
Waiting for offer
« on: October 18, 2007, 03:33:29 PM »
So I had some call backs, and I think I pretty much sucked at all of them.  I have received two official rejections and have three outstanding...I am not hopeful about the ones I have not heard back from, but I am also desperate.  Should I call the recruiters at the firms just to check in and reiterate my interest?  Is there anything I can do at this point to up my chances at the places where I already interviewed?  Its been at least 2 weeks since the call backs, so I realize at the most I am a borderline candidate at this point...

yykm

• View Profile
Re: Waiting for offer
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 04:23:44 PM »
I'd call after 2 weeks.  It's not a big deal.  If youre concerned about sounding desperate, just say that you wantde to know your status b/c a few firms have inquired about whether you are going to accept their offer.

AverageGuyGoodGrades

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 04:44:18 PM »
I wouldn't be afraid to call or email to find out the status of your application. I just emailed the recruiter from a firm that I hadn't heard from after two weeks, and I was told that they were still waiting for the hiring committee to meet. Keep in mind that while a long wait for an offer kind of sucks, it is certainly better than getting an instant rejection.

craven

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 04:57:43 PM »
2 weeks out, don't feel bad about calling up the recruiting director, that's what they're there for.  I wouldn't call any of the attnys that interviewed you though.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 05:03:32 PM »
My offer took three weeks, so dont be so pessimistic :) hopefully something will come out of it.  I would probably call too.  I am waiting for a firm to get back to me and its been 5 or 6 weeks, lol. 

meliss23

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 11:16:13 PM »
Just got another rejection in the mail...awesome.  I'm really glad I spent the last two months interviewing, so I can do it all again at lower tier firms, that's if they still have openings...

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 11:23:19 PM »
Just got another rejection in the mail...awesome.  I'm really glad I spent the last two months interviewing, so I can do it all again at lower tier firms, that's if they still have openings...

you still have two open... a lot of places are still hiring too, so dont stress it...

KrazyNazi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 12:25:09 AM »
you are doomed, kill self. 
Yale Law School - Class of 09

meliss23

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 12:39:57 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement.