Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Best supplemental aid for Uniform Commercial Code?  (Read 845 times)

MiamiLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Best supplemental aid for Uniform Commercial Code?
« on: October 15, 2007, 11:56:44 AM »
My contracts class revolves around UCC, our final is going to be just taking UCC provisions and applying and analyzing them to case facts in our cases. But a lot of the UCC provisions I have trouble understanding what exactly they are saying, and it makes anaylsis much harder then it needs to be because I'm not sure at all times what the provision is actually stating. Are there any good supplements for the UCC that go through the provisions and maybe give an example, or explain them in understandable english?

Rpcro25

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Best supplemental aid for Uniform Commercial Code?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 11:57:42 AM »
tag

LULAW1982

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 09:00:51 AM »
By far, the best K supplement is "Sum and Substance: Contracts" by Robert Brian.  This book incorporates the UCC in a way that will prepare you for your final.  You will love this book- trust me.  E-mail me at my username at AOL if you have any more questions. 

4DClaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 10:01:25 AM »
The ABA publishes a thin book called "The ABC's of the UCC." This was tremendously helpful. It translates all of the important provisions into English.
Georgetown

Wills100

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 11:31:21 AM »
This book is very helpful, and one of the authors is also the reporter of the UCC.

The ABA publishes a thin book called "The ABC's of the UCC." This was tremendously helpful. It translates all of the important provisions into English.