Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Advice on succeeding Torts??  (Read 3181 times)

Georgetown

• View Profile
Advice on succeeding Torts??
« on: October 13, 2007, 01:16:22 PM »
Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

There's so much in this class that it's hard for me to see the forest from the trees and discern what I NEED to know from the details.

derkaiser

• View Profile
Re: Advice on succeeding Torts??
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 02:18:49 AM »

There's so much in this class that it's hard for me to see the forest from the trees and discern what I NEED to know from the details.

Duty, Breach, Actual and Legal Causation, Damages, Defenses.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 09:56:52 AM »
strict liability, intentional torts

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 10:21:45 AM »
As ridiculous as it sounds: don't bother reading your casebook other than key cases your professor stresses big time (if even those).

Your exam will likely be a long hypo full of torts and you will have to identify and analyze as many as possible in the period of time you are given.  It is a race and knowing case law will not help in the slightest.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 10:38:48 AM »
it helps to do a comparison between the fact patterns and any cases (including note case) that are slightly similar... It definitely is a race though...

Georgetown

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 08:55:14 PM »
Thank you everyone.

1 last question, where can I find practice exam questions both multiple choice and essay?

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 10:09:07 PM »
Thank you everyone.

1 last question, where can I find practice exam questions both multiple choice and essay?

Check your school's outline bank, though I highly doubt you will have a torts exam with multiple choice.  They are generally a strictly hypothetical essay type exam.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 10:15:52 PM »
Thank you everyone.

Hey, as far as midterms go, they usually dont have multiple choice.  You will never find old multiple choice exams from your professors online, because if they do multiple choice exams, they usually safeguard the questions so they can reuse them.  Your school webpage should have a link for old exams.  If you cannot find old tort exams from your professor specifically, look for another professor (possibly one that went to the same school cause usually they are comparable).  If you still cannot find old exams, send me a personnel message with your email and I will download a few from my schools bank and send them to you.  I go to a comparatively ranked school (within ten) so they should be around the same level of difficulty. Good luck on exams.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 10:38:31 PM »
Seigel's Essay questions are great.  The Seigel's books have decent essay questions w/ sample answers, as well as a good number of multiple choice.  They have books for pretty much every first year subject.  They're one of the few "study aids" I found really useful, and still use if they're available (which is rare beyond first year)

4DClaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 10:02:34 AM »
Who is your prof? Feel free to PM me (I go to GULC too).

Georgetown