Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Which NYC firms use the best hotels?  (Read 2594 times)

yalecollege06

Which NYC firms use the best hotels?
« on: October 12, 2007, 04:58:57 PM »
Hi all!

I'm doing a bunch of callbacks in NYC in two weeks, and I'm trying to figure out which law firms (or law firm travel agency) provide the best hotels, so that I can choose my "host" firm. :)

The general range of firms I'm doing (according to Vault anyway) is from Milbank (24) to Kramer Levin (92). Except for Skadden (4), which is an outlier. But I don't know if I will take the Skadden callback because the QofL doesn't seem to be as good there.

Anyone have advice, direct info to share (Did your law firm's travel agency use a great hotel? What firm or travel agency?), or ideas on places to get the info?

yalecollege06

Re: Which NYC firms use the best hotels?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 10:28:36 PM »
Any help?

Anyone had a callback and can say that your firm (which one) provided a great/good/mediocre hotel?

KrazyNazi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 06:53:08 PM »
Weil, S&C, Wachtell, Cravath, DPW provided good hotel.

W&C, Simpson provided disgusting hotels.
Yale Law School - Class of 09

yalecollege06

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 07:46:29 PM »
Weil, S&C, Wachtell, Cravath, DPW provided good hotel.

W&C, Simpson provided disgusting hotels.
Can you tell me which hotels?
Did you get a different hotel from each of those firms?

KrazyNazi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 09:43:58 PM »
Cravath and DPW put in the same hotel.  Of the bunch, WC provided a walk-in closet. 
Yale Law School - Class of 09

DrAjay

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 10:58:54 AM »
Jones Day provided my son a hotel in NYC, which was Duplex and with water view. The best he ever stayed in.

legapp

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 02:36:55 PM »
Sorry, I forgot about this board!  This is probably of no use to you now, but for future generations:

The two best places were Gibson Dunn (Waldorf) and Boies (Hotel Benjamin--a swanky corner suite!).  SullCrom put people at the Tribeca Grand.  Wilkie used the Time, which was kind of lame... I know other firms have put people there too (Cravath, I think).  Latham used the east side W, which is convenient to their office but very small.

The best travel agency is Lawyer's Travel, which many of the firms used.  They're friendly and responsive.

YeShallBeGods

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 07:40:38 PM »
Sorry, I forgot about this board!  This is probably of no use to you now, but for future generations:

The two best places were Gibson Dunn (Waldorf) and Boies (Hotel Benjamin--a swanky corner suite!).  SullCrom put people at the Tribeca Grand.  Wilkie used the Time, which was kind of lame... I know other firms have put people there too (Cravath, I think).  Latham used the east side W, which is convenient to their office but very small.

The best travel agency is Lawyer's Travel, which many of the firms used.  They're friendly and responsive.

I was personally placed at the Ritz for S&C.

roadie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 03:01:41 PM »
The hotel Milbank put me in was nice but average. The bad thing was that it was in midtown, whereas Milbank is downtown.