Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Innacurate things I heard before coming to law school  (Read 1508 times)

james

• View Profile
Re: Innacurate things I heard before coming to law school
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2007, 05:33:56 AM »
Instead of saying that the things you heard are untrue, it seems as though you shoudl be saying that your CivPro class has been an exception to the rule.

Yes, there are exceptions, and some professors run their classes differently than the norm.

To say that these two things you heard are untrue because ONE of your 4 or 5 classes isn't run that way seems a bit of a stretch.

Blah, Blah, Blah.

LVP

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2007, 02:30:40 PM »
Instead of saying that the things you heard are untrue, it seems as though you shoudl be saying that your CivPro class has been an exception to the rule.

Yes, there are exceptions, and some professors run their classes differently than the norm.

To say that these two things you heard are untrue because ONE of your 4 or 5 classes isn't run that way seems a bit of a stretch.

Blah, Blah, Blah.

??? ??? ???

Jacy's right.  Exceptions exist, but the general rule is as you heard - memorization gets you the C, analysis gets you the A, participation only makes a difference if you're on the edge, or if your participation was phenomenally good or phenomenally bad, and professors curve.  Also, the professors I've talked to have said that the curve doesn't do much anyway.  Students distribute themselves along the curve by their performances.
Pizza is the reward, death is the risk.

#

LawLady

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2007, 02:06:31 PM »
Dear OP: The entire thesis of your post is incorrect.  Please save everyone some time and delete it!