Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I'm in! January 2008 at Marshall. Winter in Chicago was never so sweet!  (Read 14868 times)

superman10

• View Profile
Re: I'm in! January 2008 at Marshall. Winter in Chicago was never so sweet!
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2007, 07:46:24 PM »
Dude, you are such a baby! And you're 32?? Good luck getting into the top 10% at JMLS (which is a GREAT plan on your part - you have no idea how hard that is to do....even at THE John Marshall Law School).

Btw, you might want to re-read your original post, your later posts refer to it and they're all totally contradictory. You are waaay more condescending, aggressive, and insulting that anyone who's responded to you. I'm done with you. Good luck! Seriously. And ask your doctor if Paxil is right for you.

HRoark81

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2007, 07:50:25 PM »
Now this poster is having delusions of grandeur on top of his other problems.  Not a good sign.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2007, 12:35:55 AM »
When you enter in the Fall, do you stay an extra semester at the end, or do the pack the extra term into the summer?

Chicago is so cold...

byte

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2007, 03:23:11 AM »
flame or not, thanks for the amusement.
1L

jeffislouie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2007, 12:13:27 PM »
When you enter in the Fall, do you stay an extra semester at the end, or do the pack the extra term into the summer?

Chicago is so cold...

I do enjoy it when people refrain from personal attack and engage in conversation instead of working hard to continue a flame war started by people compelled to comment about my choices...
So, to answer your question, the JMLS program simply starts on track with everyone else, just a semester later.  So instead of beginning your 1l in August, you start it in January.
Same classes, same program, just beginning in January.  Which means that graduation for folks who start January 08 graduate in January 3 years later.

Thanks for the post.
Justice is tangy....

jeffislouie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2007, 12:15:56 PM »
Seriously, all of your ranting aside, you are a complete weirdo.
Ah yes.  I'm the weirdo.
I had the audacity to try to celebrate my admission to law school.
And my reward?
Multiple posts trashing my school, advising me to sit out another semester, retake the LSAT, and go T1 or T2 so I can have the honor of having a chance at 'big law'.
Yup.
That makes me weird.
I guess I deserved it, what with the fact being that most of the people around here are dedicated to their own superiority and offering advice that wasn't asked for or wanted.
Justice is tangy....

Bob Loblaw Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2007, 02:27:31 PM »
Seriously, all of your ranting aside, you are a complete weirdo.
Ah yes.  I'm the weirdo.
I had the audacity to try to celebrate my admission to law school.
And my reward?
Multiple posts trashing my school, advising me to sit out another semester, retake the LSAT, and go T1 or T2 so I can have the honor of having a chance at 'big law'.
Yup.
That makes me weird.
I guess I deserved it, what with the fact being that most of the people around here are dedicated to their own superiority and offering advice that wasn't asked for or wanted.

no, you're not a weirdo for celebrating your admission to law school; you're a werido for celebrating your admission to law school by acting like a paranoid schizophrenic third grader when online posters suggest that you rethink your decision, for good reason, after you had solicited responses (yes, you solicited responses).

6mcdanie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2007, 04:28:16 PM »
Congratulations! For the facts on John Marshall job placement, please do not ever hesitate to contact our career services office. The staff and resources there can really help you.

In addition, I would like to share this news with you (from our web site):

Greetings, 

I've just received the letter from the Illinois Supreme Court stating that The John Marshall Law School first time pass rate on last July's exam was 90%. These results are a tribute to the hard work our students put in and to the confidence they had in themselves, and in their law school education, to pass this exam.  I know our students studied hard and their work paid off.

So congratulations to our July 2007 bar takers. This is a great achievement for them and an inspiration for all current JMLS students.  For the last three exams, our first time pass rates have been:  86%; 89%; and 90%.  This is excellent work.  And now of course, all of us will have to work even harder to make sure we continue to meet or better this high standard.

The overall pass rate for first time takers was 90%.  The overall pass rate for all takers was 86%.

Sincerely,

John Corkery
Dean
The John Marshall Law School"

Good luck!

Lori McDaniel
Web Site Manager
The John Marshall Law School
www.jmls.edu
6mcdanie@jmls.edu