Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Predicting exam topics?  (Read 702 times)

Julie98

• View Profile
Predicting exam topics?
« on: October 01, 2007, 11:58:19 PM »
I am wondering if anyone would know how to predict exam topics for first-year law classes. I know that everyone has different profs, but are there any common topics (ones that are likely to be on an exam) in the following: property, torts, civ pro, contracts?

ANBUDOM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Predicting exam topics?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 05:17:28 AM »
Only people that had your specific professor can have any chance at predicting what your exam will look like.  Your best bet is to look at past exams that your specific professor handed out.  Also, if you've been paying careful attention in class you might be able to tell which topics are more important to the professor and that would have a higher chance of showing up on the exam. 

For civpro you'll get at least one question on Erie and it will make you sad. 

Like this:  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
testing testing 1 2 3

thirteen13

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 05:20:16 AM »
i dunno ... i'm going with federal question jurisdiction al la burger king combined with one or all of removal/venue/forum nonconv

torts: negligence, damages, IIED

crim:  murder, felony murder and a property crime

contracts:  sufficiency of offer, accept by performance and/or mbr, expectation damages

PJP

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 10:20:58 PM »
Here are my guesses.
Civil Pro:  International Shoe, Burger King, Erie.. for sure.
Torts:  Intentional torts, negligence, proximate cause... pretty much from every topic.
Contracts:  Mailbox rules, offer, acceptance, counter offer, detrimental reliance, etc.
Crim law:  MPC and common law approach on murder, manslaughter, etc.