Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Vault Gold  (Read 1592 times)

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Vault Gold
« on: September 30, 2007, 01:58:18 PM »
Is it worth it when deciding between different firms?

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Vault Gold
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 05:37:35 PM »
82 views and no replies?  Does anybody have vault gold?  Sheesh haha.

wardwilliams

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 08:40:41 PM »
I have it, it's not worth the $45. Most of the info is generic. What isn't generic is generally 3-4 years old.

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 09:21:34 PM »
I have it, it's not worth the $45. Most of the info is generic. What isn't generic is generally 3-4 years old.

Thanks, that is what I figured.

wardwilliams

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 09:31:39 PM »
no problem

GA-fan

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 03:52:36 PM »
I also agree. The info other than the standard membership is pretty much worthless. Didn't honestly factor into my decision, mostly because it's cut and paste quotes from associate surveys which are totally cliche. ex: Firm X: "the partners and associates love to go to happy hour here." Firm Y: "associates and partners work closely together." The vault info is hardly more helpful in distinguishing firms than the firm's own promotional materials. If you're really struggling between two or three firms, call up an alumni from your school working at another firm in the city (to reduce "recruiting bias") and ask what honest feedback they can tell you about the firms you're interviewing with.
This really works- I did it and found out from two people that my "top choice"/most selective firm was a horrible, horrible place to work. I wouldn't have known it at all based on my interviews there. Good luck!

ANBUDOM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 09:06:50 PM »
another site you might wanna check out is chambersandpartners.com
they rank firms in specific practice areas so if you know what you wanna do, that site may help you determine which firm is better in a particular area. 
If you have no idea what you wanna do or QOL is your most important factor, you may wanna go back to the firms and meet with some more attorneys to get a better feel for which firm is the right fit for you. 

Or you can always go outside and do like a sundance for the gods and have them tell you where to go  :D
testing testing 1 2 3