Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NALP forms  (Read 1759 times)

marsilni

• View Profile
NALP forms
« on: September 29, 2007, 11:05:05 PM »
Exactly how accurate are NALP forms?  I'm looking at one for an international law firm's NY office and it has the average hours worked at a little less than 2200 and average billed at  about 1850 with no minimum billable requirement.  Can this be right and, if so, why doesn't that seem as bad as it should be given the size and location of the firm?

ngdo2007

• View Profile
Re: NALP forms
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 09:26:08 PM »
Exactly how accurate are NALP forms?  I'm looking at one for an international law firm's NY office and it has the average hours worked at a little less than 2200 and average billed at  about 1850 with no minimum billable requirement.  Can this be right and, if so, why doesn't that seem as bad as it should be given the size and location of the firm?

I think the numbers are totally bogus.  My firm is listed as 2000 required, but the average associate billing 1925 and working under 2100.  yeah, right?  I guess it could be possible it means the average associated tried to bill 2100 and was written down to 1925, which means they probably were at work 3000 plus?