Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: My law school gripe!!  (Read 4715 times)

HRoark81

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: My law school gripe!!
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2007, 04:59:12 PM »
I though you were done with this topic because you were so busy writing you "soon-to-be-published (in a lame journal)" note.  Check out http://lawlib.wlu.edu/LJ/index.aspx for law review rankings and methodology.  And if you don't like the US News rankings for schools, try any of the Leiter rankings instead, and see if you find UNLV on any of those.  They conclude that Michigan, and lots of other schools, surpass UNLV in every category discussed.

lawgirl442

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2007, 06:10:27 PM »
PALuff, according to that website that you linked to, your school's law review ranks 17th and mine ranks 7th.  Does that mean I get to tell YOU how much dumber you are than me?
UVA '10

unlvcrjchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2007, 06:24:49 PM »
I though you were done with this topic because you were so busy writing you "soon-to-be-published (in a lame journal)" note.  Check out http://lawlib.wlu.edu/LJ/index.aspx for law review rankings and methodology.  And if you don't like the US News rankings for schools, try any of the Leiter rankings instead, and see if you find UNLV on any of those.  They conclude that Michigan, and lots of other schools, surpass UNLV in every category discussed.

I finished the edits on my note (it was due yesterday), smart ass.  AGAIN, I don't give a flying @#!* WHICH ranking system you cling to like the pathetic child you are - it doesn't change the fact that the factors they consider are PURELY SUBJECTIVE!  Why are you that dim?  Again, I say your education sucks ass if you can't refute any of the arguments I've laid down...all you do is come back with lame ass arguments (like the Leiter rankings, for example).

And yes, Lawgirl.  You can call this twat dumber than you, especially because he relies solely on subjective rankings to determine the worth of a school/education.

BTW:  If UNLV sucks so hard, then why is it that almost all of our faculty members came from Top-10 schools even HIGHER than your precious Michigan?  My legal writing professors were from Harvard and Yale.  Are you saying that they suck because they CHOOSE (again, it's all about CHOICES, something you don't acknowledge) to teach at UNLV?

Word of advice:  grow up and learn how to treat people with respect.  If your attitude here is any indication of how you're going to treat your future clients, I can honestly say you won't be employed for long.

Oh goody, I see my karma has dropped down yet again.  Let me guess:  PALuff and his female dog, Raven (the very person who accused me of dinging karma), dropped me?  LOL, you two are amazing, and would make a beautiful married couple.  I shall now resort to the same personal attacks you have:  the two of you should go @#!* yourselves.  Doesn't that sound SO much mature than actual debate?

cesco

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2007, 06:34:41 PM »
OMG this is great.   :P
2L

unlvcrjchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2007, 06:47:12 PM »
OMG this is great.   :P

As amusing as I myself find this "conversation," I am hereby dropping it now; at least, my end of it, because it doesn't look like they will - just watch either of them reply yet again.  There is no point arguing with people who refuse to argue back, and by argue of course I mean debate.

HRoark81

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2007, 08:45:32 PM »
I agree, Cesco.  This has been great fun for me.  I'm imagining some girl in Vegas, red in the face, stewing over my nerve, ignorance, immaturity, and impotence.

ANBUDOM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2007, 08:51:12 PM »
wow this discussion no longer has any relevance to the OPs law school gripe...

Oh and to get back to the OP's post: you may wanna ask your administration if the 1Ls in your upper level class is graded on a separate curve from the upperclassmen.  If not I think it's sorta unfair.  If the 1Ls are graded separately from the 2L/3L group then it won't be too bad. 

I don't know if you already answered this... i don't really wanna look through all the posts on this thread for obvious reasons...

Sorry to hear about your situation dude I hope everything turns out ok...
testing testing 1 2 3

Lloyd

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2007, 11:37:33 AM »
I got into a feud with the UNLV girl earlier last semester. See my -20 rating due to her showing up every 4 hours and dinging me a karma point.

BTW:  unless you attend both UNLV and a Top-10 school, how can you honestly compare the two institutions in terms of academic quality, which is a highly subjective standard anyway?  You speak of your school's ranking as if it amounts to an objective standard:  it doesn't. 

FWIW, and not trying to bash, but I transferred out of UNLV to T14 a few years back and I think my experience is better at the new school.

njlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2007, 10:00:28 PM »
I agree, Cesco.  This has been great fun for me.  I'm imagining some girl in Vegas, red in the face, stewing over my nerve, ignorance, immaturity, and impotence.

Damn PALuff. You are one pompous a-hole. How does it feel to be your own hero? Do you stare at a picture of yourself as you defile your body or do you look at your term bill from Michigan?

robsanpedro

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2007, 11:34:38 PM »
Law schools are a business, so if they can come up with a new product to increase their bottom line and better utilize their resources they will. 
The LawThug Online Store
Apparel and more for Lawyers and Law Students