Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: No Callbacks - Now what?  (Read 9581 times)

rutherford

• View Profile
Re: No Callbacks - Now what?
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2007, 10:31:15 AM »
Go figure. I thought it was all 500+ at OCI.  Good to know.

I think it would be odd to find only firms with 500+ at OCI.  I think there were over 500 firms at our OCI and there is no way each firm would be over 500+ lawyers.  There were some mid-sized, some boutiques, etc... that seems pretty standard.

cesco

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2007, 10:34:02 AM »
I think it would be odd to find only firms with 500+ at OCI.  I think there were over 500 firms at our OCI and there is no way each firm would be over 500+ lawyers.  There were some mid-sized, some boutiques, etc... that seems pretty standard.

500 firms at OCI? Jesus. Now thats the difference between a Tier 2 and a top law school. My school didnt hit 100.
2L

rutherford

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2007, 10:39:13 AM »
I think that's what they state in promotional materials, but in reality it's likely just over 300, with some firms recruiting at other times during the year.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2007, 03:44:09 PM »
I think that's what they state in promotional materials, but in reality it's likely just over 300, with some firms recruiting at other times during the year.

I am assuming you go to G-town?

my law school had probably 250-300 firms at the OCI with the regionals.  I also think that when they make the final tally they count the mid/small firm recruiting programs and probably count each office of a big firm that recruits as a separate firm.

And yea, OCI would be terrible if it were only firms with five hundred plus lawyers.