Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: No Callbacks - Now what?  (Read 9344 times)

Bob Loblaw Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: No Callbacks - Now what?
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2007, 04:57:24 PM »
thanks for providing the reference to your childish jab.   ???

lawschoolyuck

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2007, 05:09:01 PM »
So...is a mid/small firm out of the question to you? its very late in the game for biglaw but i thought that most mid/small places dont really take people in until winter/spring...

am i wrong?

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2007, 06:05:34 PM »
So...is a mid/small firm out of the question to you? its very late in the game for biglaw but i thought that most mid/small places dont really take people in until winter/spring...

am i wrong?

some of the mid size in dc participated in normal oci and extended offers there, so some already accepted at least in this area.

lawschoolyuck

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2007, 05:10:45 PM »
hm...i'm looking in that area since im from there. looks like i'm going to have a tough time.

anyway, don't worry ab the no callbacks thing (easier said than done) because most people don't have jobs at this point other than biglaw.

yalecollege06

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2007, 11:15:31 AM »

am i wrong?

I just did two callbacks for biglaw yesterday.  :D I assume (hope!) they're still hiring.

yykm

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2007, 01:23:17 PM »
I just did two callbacks for biglaw yesterday.  :D I assume (hope!) they're still hiring.
You also attend HLS.  If you peruse some of the firm websites, you'd notice that an unusual amount make HLS their last stop on the recruiting trail.  Firms probaly look for the top students from lower schools and figure that if they dont fill their ranks with an excellent student from those schools, then bringing on another HLS would do.  In other words, you can never have too many HLS associates.

yalecollege06

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2007, 10:06:07 PM »
I suppose so. I think firms also often have YLS as their last stop, if they don't stop with HLS. What I was thinking though, is that this means they still have openings at least, right? So if you go to a school that had an earlier OCI and you got dinged by Firm X, then unfortunately that's it. But if they didn't come to you for OCI, or if you somehow didn't sign up for their OCI slots, then maybe a direct write is still worth trying, since they haven't wrapped up their hiring or fixed their summer program #s yet?

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2007, 08:12:36 AM »

am i wrong?

some of the mid size in dc participated in normal oci and extended offers there, so some already accepted at least in this area.

What are you considering mid sized?

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2007, 09:24:55 AM »
Ross Dixon Bell, Jorden Burt, etc.  I think they have roughly 50 attorneys each in the DC office and pay 135K.  Some other firms that pay below market were at OCI as well, and I assume that they were mid size but dont know the number of attorneys at them...

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2007, 09:44:28 AM »
Go figure. I thought it was all 500+ at OCI.  Good to know.