Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: No Callbacks - Now what?  (Read 9748 times)

Alamo79

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: No Callbacks - Now what?
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2007, 10:17:52 AM »
As the title says, now what do I do?

Kill self?

I'd go with the more moderate "flagellate self," but it's a very personal decision.

rutherford

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2007, 10:19:33 AM »
Yeah, has anyone heard how the OP's search is going? Mass mailing/spamming can be frustrating, although I did get one offer that way. :o

yalecollege06

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2007, 05:00:31 PM »
I have no idea what happened. Grades are approx top 1/3, law review by some miracle of God, and 19 screening interviews. 7 confirmed dings, but most of the others are beyond the 1 week mark since I talked to them. Maybe I'm prematurely worrying, but I would think if I was getting a callback from the others, they would have been sooner than a week.

Personality is the only thing I can think of... but I got dinged equally from the interviews that I clicked with the interviewer and the ones I did not. So I dont' know.

Call the other 2 to follow up. One V25 firm called me back using regular mail, and took their time sending it out, so I didn't know they called me back until 2 weeks later.

Stephon Devante

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2007, 03:28:00 PM »
Ended up getting two callbacks at mid-size firms that pay near market, not in Charlotte though. Although, after hearing some stories about Charlotte firms, I don't think I'm motivated enough to work those hours.

And in response to the crow comment... I believe there was more to that original exchange than just my quote selectively pasted in this thread.
Paradiso: Vanderbilt ($$), UNC ($$), Wake Forest ($$$$), William & Mary ($$)
Purgatorio: Duke (WL), Northwestern (WL)
Inferno: Texas, Michigan, Penn, Cornell, Virginia

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?&cycle=0506&user=sdevante

ibuprofen

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2007, 12:15:32 PM »
Ended up getting two callbacks at mid-size firms that pay near market, not in Charlotte though. Although, after hearing some stories about Charlotte firms, I don't think I'm motivated enough to work those hours.

hmm. this seems to contradict your earlier intention to commit yourself to biglaw.  is it safe to say your motivation to work those dreadful charlotte hours ended when the opportunity was foreclosed, outside of your control?

btw, 'near market' in nashville is on the wrong side of 100k. sorry that 166 lsat didn't yield better employment prospects.

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2007, 03:23:15 PM »

hmm. this seems to contradict your earlier intention to commit yourself to biglaw.  is it safe to say your motivation to work those dreadful charlotte hours ended when the opportunity was foreclosed, outside of your control?

btw, 'near market' in nashville is on the wrong side of 100k. sorry that 166 lsat didn't yield better employment prospects.

Wow, somebody is hostile.  You must go to a TTT or something.  Chill out and cut him some slack.

ibuprofen

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2007, 03:28:27 PM »

Wow, somebody is hostile.  You must go to a TTT or something.  Chill out and cut him some slack.

actually not really, but you can go ahead and think that if you want.  this guy has been a tool for quite awhile

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2007, 03:58:25 PM »
Either way, being a prick doesn't change anything.  Why stoop to that level?

Bob Loblaw Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2007, 04:26:53 PM »

lol, so let me get this straight, you are a 2l using lsat-based insults?  Did you poke fun at all of the sub 1300 SAT kids in undergrad? LAME.

ibuprofen

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2007, 04:50:46 PM »
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Sdevante

that's what the lsat reference is to, bob.  hth.