Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Call Back  (Read 1520 times)

meliss23

• View Profile
Call Back
« on: September 23, 2007, 01:46:09 PM »
I have my first call back interview tomorrow.  I am curious as to the procedure, I think I have a few interviews, then lunch.  Are these interviews similar to on campus interviews, similar questions? I guess I am just wondering how call backs are different then OCIs (other than being in the office, meeting numerous people, and going to lunch).

KrazyNazi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Call Back
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 01:52:29 PM »
callback is exactly the same as OCI interviews, only it's a bit longer and more boring.  Do look forward to the lunch though.
Yale Law School - Class of 09

lawzombie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 03:58:54 PM »
Make sure you bring a bottle of water.  All that talking will really dehydrate you!

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 05:26:14 PM »
Just be yourself.  At this phase of the game they are looking to see if you fit in more than anything.  At my call back interviews, only some of the partners I met with even asked questions at all.  Many just talked about the firm and why they thought I should seriously consider them.

Relax, be yourself, and answer truthfully.  Soon enough you will have your first offer.

Suzieq830

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 08:48:03 PM »
i have found they are really similar to OCI but i have found they are a bit more interested in helping you make the right choice and waht YOU are looking for in a firm..

csloan999

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 09:13:07 PM »
I personally felt like they were easier than OCI--there's more BSing during the interviews about irrelevant stuff like sports and activities, etc.  It seems like the partners you meet with will ask a couple of the more serious questions, but the associates are just there to tell you how great the firm is.

sheezy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 12:33:55 AM »
I love callbacks. I really felt like the firm was trying to sell itself, way more than anything else. I mean, they mus think highly of you if they're asking you to interview again, so the callback is all about affirming that initial view, and getting you to like them in case they do offer you.

At least that's how I feel.