Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Holding pattern after a callback?????  (Read 2149 times)

igetmoney08

• View Profile
Holding pattern after a callback?????
« on: September 19, 2007, 01:33:36 PM »
I had my first callback at a V10 firm last Monday (Sept. 10th). They told all the interviewees that decisions are generally made within 2 days. It's been a week and a half and still no offer!

I spoke to my campus adviser and she thinks I'm in a "holding pattern". She said most rejections happen as quickly as offers (usually within 2 days). So she said all I can do it accept the fact that I am a borderline candidate and keep waiting. Has anyone else had experience with this? Do BIGLAW firms have a "Waitlist" just like law school admissions.

The firm I interviewed with does not have a formal hiring committee. Decisions are made based on reports from the people you meet so it seems weird that it is taking this long unless they just can't make a decision on me. Any thoughts?

GA-fan

Re: Holding pattern after a callback?????
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 03:42:59 PM »
I would never, ever trust anything that a career services person says. I would, however, call the recruiter at the firm and ask what's going on while reiterating your interest.
My best guess is that you've been dinged, but I would still call and find out. sorry.

KrazyNazi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 07:14:45 PM »
I had my first callback at a V10 firm last Monday (Sept. 10th). They told all the interviewees that decisions are generally made within 2 days. It's been a week and a half and still no offer!

I spoke to my campus adviser and she thinks I'm in a "holding pattern". She said most rejections happen as quickly as offers (usually within 2 days). So she said all I can do it accept the fact that I am a borderline candidate and keep waiting. Has anyone else had experience with this? Do BIGLAW firms have a "Waitlist" just like law school admissions.

The firm I interviewed with does not have a formal hiring committee. Decisions are made based on reports from the people you meet so it seems weird that it is taking this long unless they just can't make a decision on me. Any thoughts?

In this situation you can generally expect a rejection letter to come in the mail.  If they told you that you will hear back in 2 days and you did not, it is almost certain that you are dinged. 
Yale Law School - Class of 09

SillyMia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 09:11:15 PM »
 :'(  I'm in the same situation.  Sucks big time, I just want my ding letter already, it's very apparent that I'm not getting the phone call. 

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 12:47:27 AM »
:'(  I'm in the same situation.  Sucks big time, I just want my ding letter already, it's very apparent that I'm not getting the phone call. 

Im not checking my mail, at least not till my cable is shut off.   they cant ding me until i let them. :)

anyone that doesnt get offers want to start a firm?  I am not very selective in who I work with...

KrazyNazi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 01:55:16 PM »

Im not checking my mail, at least not till my cable is shut off.   they cant ding me until i let them. :)

anyone that doesnt get offers want to start a firm?  I am not very selective in who I work with...

What? a bunch of TTT rejects starting their own firm???  I would rather pay for legal advice from my cat than to seek service from your firm. 
Yale Law School - Class of 09

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 02:24:56 PM »

What? a bunch of TTT rejects starting their own firm???  I would rather pay for legal advice from my cat than to seek service from your firm. 

hey d-bag, your cat can come work for me if it wants... definitely not at a ttt, at a very respectable tier 1

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 12:23:39 PM »
Just got an offer, 15 days after the interview...  I guess with as many interviewees coming in, it take a little to sort through applicants.

SillyMia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 04:19:56 PM »

I take solace in knowing that you're a miserable person with a miserable personality lurking in these posts because you need to feel good about yourself.  Apparently the "TTT" people are providing you that comfort during your lonely nights.  Weird that you assume we're TTTs, but that's irrelevant. 

igetmoney08

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 04:53:12 PM »
Just got an offer, 15 days after the interview...  I guess with as many interviewees coming in, it take a little to sort through applicants.

thorc954, congrats! maybe that means there is hope for the rest of us! it's almost 2 weeks for me :-\