Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Have SA position. Question about buying some stuff...  (Read 727 times)

johnnyman

• View Profile
Have SA position. Question about buying some stuff...
« on: September 18, 2007, 07:34:26 PM »
I have been offered a sweet SA position and I have accepted (will be making really sick money, more than I ever thought it would be). I'm not a big spender, and I have tons of debt. But, I know I will have to buy some nice clothes. Also, I can get a new phone, and I'm thinking of buying a Treo. If I buy a Treo, will I be actually be able to use it as an SA or will I just look like a tool?

Should I buy a tablet PC?

I want to buy cool stuff that will help me now as a law student and as a SA. Any suggestions?

GA-fan

Re: Have SA position. Question about buying some stuff...
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 07:51:40 PM »
Wait until Brooks Brothers has a big sale (try week after Christmas, etc). or better yet, find out if your summer firm gives you a discount at Brooks Brothers (mine did- 15% off everything). Just buy some no iron shirts and a couple decent pairs of pants that match. You can buy the rest after you get there.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 08:29:31 PM »
You likely will not be able to use a Trio as an SA. If the firm gives you a blackberry, it is part of their corporate network/rate.  Even as an associate, most large firms do not let you choose which device/data plan you get to use.  It's too expensive.  At the firm I was at, only partners got to choose their device/date plan.

ANBUDOM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 05:17:26 AM »
I have been offered a sweet SA position and I have accepted (will be making really sick money, more than I ever thought it would be). I'm not a big spender, and I have tons of debt. But, I know I will have to buy some nice clothes. Also, I can get a new phone, and I'm thinking of buying a Treo. If I buy a Treo, will I be actually be able to use it as an SA or will I just look like a tool?

Should I buy a tablet PC?

I want to buy cool stuff that will help me now as a law student and as a SA. Any suggestions?

You are definitely entitled to buy some nice things for yourself but don't go overboard.  With the way the economy is going there might be an increased chance in getting no/soft offers.  Hopefully it won't happen to any of us but the possibility is still there :(
testing testing 1 2 3