Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 1L - Favorite and Least favorite Class?  (Read 2912 times)

procrastinator

• View Profile
Re: 1L - Favorite and Least favorite Class?
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 09:12:05 PM »
Contracts makes me want to shoot myself daily. I'm just hoping that it all comes together at the end like I keep on hearing.  Nonetheless, I spend the most time studying and agonizing over this class.

Every other class is great.  Exciting, even.

uart

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2007, 12:19:16 PM »
Contracts makes me want to shoot myself daily. I'm just hoping that it all comes together at the end like I keep on hearing.  Nonetheless, I spend the most time studying and agonizing over this class.

Every other class is great.  Exciting, even.

REALLY? Contracts?

procrastinator

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2007, 05:12:15 PM »
yes, in fact my prof reminds me a lot of kingsfield.

dividebyzero

• Sr. Citizen
  • Motherf*ckin' Snakes On A Plane!
    • MSN Messenger - daedelus_rex@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2007, 05:52:26 PM »
It's funny that it already seems as if LRW is at worst universally reviled, and at best merely tolerated. Add me to those who revile LRW completely.

Personally, I think the lectures are a little too long and too frequent, during which time all we really do is cover items we'd already had to read about in the numerous books we had to buy for the class (four compared to one or two for every other class).

That, and my LRW prof is obsessed with using the school's web-based interactive portal, which is horribly designed and a female dog to navigate., As a part-time student with no internet access during the day, the thing is inaccessible until I actually get to school, by which time I have a scant couple of minutes to review the new assignments/posts before class starts  >:( >:( >:(.

Additionally, I find my Civ Pro instructor to be an intolerable rambler, who meanders so much during lectures that it's impossible to take organized notes.

However, I *love* Property. The prof is a f-ing God of Pedagogy. I also like Con Law because I'm familiar enough with it coming in that it doesn't confuse the utter *&^% out of me like Civ Pro manages to do (despite having read Glannon during the summer).
"Remove the chain, cause' that's off it!"

Acceptances: Georgetown ("off da' chain!")
That is all...

Tinkgirbell

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2007, 11:04:13 PM »
My favorite class is civ pro.  The professor is amazing and I really understand things in a linear manner so it makes sense to me so far.

I'm disliking my criminal law class because my professor is awful.  I'm definately not the only person feeling this way about her.  I keep hoping that all of a sudden her style will make sense to me, but it hasn't so far.

ericptk2000

• MSU' 10
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2007, 11:09:25 PM »
Favorite to least:

1. Contracts
2. Torts
3. Civ Pro
4. Crim law
5. Legal writing (Is it really 2 credits??)
Bumpersticker and Laptop (Attending): MSU '10
Bumpersticker (In): Pitt, Case($), MSU($$$$), Loyola, Cincinnatti($), Toledo ($$$$)
I'm sorry can you hold (WL): American
Dropped call (OUT): OSU

notagunner

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 11:43:09 AM »
Contracts
CivPro
Property
Torts
LW