Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transfer Students in OCI  (Read 2909 times)

GWUTransfer

• View Profile
Transfer Students in OCI
« on: September 17, 2007, 03:08:39 PM »
Any transfers out there who have had success in OCI?

Bob Loblaw Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer Students in OCI
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 04:53:03 PM »
eh, not as much as I hoped, but I'm not complaining.

T2 --> Top25

~20 interviews so far, and 2 callbacks.  We're still kinda in the middle of things, so maybe another 1 or 2 callbacks.  Hoping for 1 offer!

KrazyNazi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 12:47:38 PM »
Transfers generally do well.
Yale Law School - Class of 09

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 09:15:02 PM »

Transfers at GW dont always do that well.  A lot of it depends on the caliber of school you came from.  I ran into some 3Ls doing OCI that transfered earlier and had no luck during FRP.  The transfers from decent schools (T, TT) seemed to be doing alright. 

Although, people on LR and top 15% are struggling to get jobs at GW, so who knows... its a crap shoot. 

werls21

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 09:21:25 PM »
Some success for me... I transferred T4 to T14 and have 6 callbacks... just did 2 of them in the last 2 days and no offer or rejection yet- I also have been placed on a couple firms waitlist for callbacks basically which I found a little odd and have not heard back from a few firms after OCI- just hoping to get that first offer out of the way.  Good luck everyone! 

xoxofaggot

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 09:30:47 PM »
LOL!  What a dickhead.  anyone with half a brain at GW gets a job.  sounds like you're one of those TTT buttf**ck transfers who got accepted so they could pay full price and cover the cost of a scholarship for a good student!  THANKS feminine hygiene product! 

Why don't you try and not act like a f**cknut during your interviews next time????

Transfers at GW dont always do that well.  A lot of it depends on the caliber of school you came from.  I ran into some 3Ls doing OCI that transfered earlier and had no luck during FRP.  The transfers from decent schools (T, TT) seemed to be doing alright. 

Although, people on LR and top 15% are struggling to get jobs at GW, so who knows... its a crap shoot. 

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 11:48:03 PM »
hahah, wow, you are nasty.  I actually started and intend to finish at GW, and I have a job offer for the summer...

Lascar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 12:02:25 PM »
Transferred into T14.  20 OCI interviews, 6 callbacks, still waiting to hear from 5 or so firms.  Have already attended 2 of those callbacks (one of which was yesterday) and thus far have 1 offer from a V50. 

The transfers at my school are doing quite well.  Within the group, some are obviously doing better than others.  It seems like my experience falls somewhere in the middle of the pack.  I can think of three transfer students who have felt obliged to decline callbacks because they felt they already had too many, and on the other hand, I know at least one student who is extremely dissapointed with his results. 

WhiteyEMSR

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 10:25:51 PM »
Transferred last year from a T4 to a T1. ~20 interviews, 10 callbacks. Accepted offer with a V25. 90% of the other transfer students had great luck.