Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How Long for an Offer?  (Read 9125 times)

SJ228

• View Profile
Re: How Long for an Offer?
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2007, 08:59:28 PM »
Almost two weeks later and I got an offer! There is still hope - good luck everyone!

attgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2007, 09:31:48 PM »
Congrats! Am still waiting, beginning of week 2...fingers crossed :)

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2007, 09:40:58 PM »
congrats & good luck :)

attgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2007, 07:13:02 PM »
Is anyone else still waiting to hear back on an offer?
I was told by the firm that this wait is rather normal, just wondering if anyone else out there is sailing in a same boat....

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2007, 07:17:57 PM »
I was told by the firm that this wait is rather normal, just wondering if anyone else out there is sailing in a same boat....

Three weeks today at one of the firms.  It is a mid size firm though, so I guess that is normal.

Anyone know if what the protocol is for places you are waiting on if you already accepted elsewhere?

yykm

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2007, 07:55:10 PM »

Three weeks today at one of the firms.  It is a mid size firm though, so I guess that is normal.

Anyone know if what the protocol is for places you are waiting on if you already accepted elsewhere?
If you already accepted elsewhere, isnt the ethical thing to do is to withdraw your application?  A quick email should work.

Mid size firms are rather aggrivating.  I'm still holding out on a few of them even though I already have a biglaw offer in the bank.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2007, 08:05:57 PM »
yea, its probably the ethical thing to do... I still think I am going to wait and see though...

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2007, 08:13:44 PM »
yea, its probably the ethical thing to do... I still think I am going to wait and see though...

If you already formally accepted an offer I'd check with NALP, but I thought you were required to withdraw.  However, even if you aren't required, you really should quit thinking of yourself and do it anyway.  You already formally accepted and other students may need/want those slots.

GA-fan

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2007, 09:08:44 AM »
The ONLY way you'd be able to ethically get away with this is if you were considering splitting. Otherwise, this is tacky and inconsiderate of your fellow competitors.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2007, 09:40:27 AM »
The ONLY way you'd be able to ethically get away with this is if you were considering splitting. Otherwise, this is tacky and inconsiderate of your fellow competitors.

yea, probably true, the firm doesnt go by nalp guidelines though, so I am not sure if I am required to.  When I know for sure that the firm I accepted at received my letter, then I will withdraw. 

thanks for the advice.